Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• HOORAY for the Republicans for ordering Elizabeth Warren to keep her big fat mouth shut for the rest of the Sessions confirmation!! Progress baby Progress!!!!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• That's a tricky one for me Cam. That is more of a societal necessity, which like the other should be made sustainable.

There are better ways to do it. If we are going to hand out more money to the citizens, then we need to stop handing out money to other countries. At twenty plus trillion in debt it's time for us to stop being the world's nipple. We are currently giving out a reported 35 billion annually in foreign aid. I'm willing to bet it's higher than that.

• There are better ways to do it. If we are going to hand out more money to the citizens, then we need to stop handing out money to other countries. At twenty plus trillion in debt it's time for us to stop being the world's nipple. We are currently giving out a reported 35 billion annually in foreign aid. I'm willing to bet it's higher than that.

And even worse we give huge amounts of money to countries that hate us and would just as soon see us dead!! Time for us to wise up and Trump will I believe but the liberals are gonna go absolutely nuts in the process. Not necessarily a bad thing :D

• There are so many programs known and unknown. There are too many calculations and investigations needed for me to understand. I agree things need to be reigned in at home and abroad. Our deficit is staggering. I just don't know every aspect or reason for every program. Some are probably heavily guarded secrets with B.S. names and vague public reasoning. Some programs entice people to say, "cut that", without truly knowing what "that" is. I just always hope that those elected to know, are smart enough to fix things. :)

• If the public ever received the true facts about all the wasted, fraudulent, over paid, under received products, etc, etc, etc we would all probably be dumbfounded with revolt to follow shortly - Been going on so long now not sure anybody knows where the true set of books are stashed!! Prolly under the situation room in the White House way underground!! ?(

• I know it's asking a lot. But it may change America for the better. Could either the Dems or Reps, don't care which, just blow the other sides mind by jumping on board with them on something. That would make me so happy.

Pick that one appointee or topic you agree mostly with, or disagree with, depending on the opposing view. Just agree and vote with the other side as an olive branch. It may make all the difference in the world.

When everyone from each party always sees things exactly the same as everyone in their party, they aren't being true to themselves or us.

• I know it's asking a lot. But it may change America for the better. Could either the Dems or Reps, don't care which, just blow the other sides mind by jumping on board with them on something. That would make me so happy.

Pick that one appointee or topic you agree mostly with, or disagree with, depending on the opposing view. Just agree and vote with the other side as an olive branch. It may make all the difference in the world.

When everyone from each party always sees things exactly the same as everyone in their party, they aren't being true to themselves or us.

After that happens we will see Israel and Palestine celebrating Christmas together and singing the jingle from Popeyes chicken.

• Unless you're currently shopping for a home AND planned on getting an fha loan this order wouldn't effect your life at all.

Exactly .. the article mentioned is intentionally spun to make it seem low income homeowners would be paying more than they are currently .... that is false ....

The important part of the order is : " will have the immediate effect of eliminating a planned reduction in the rate"

The Obama policy would have lowered the rate, lowering the homeowners federally backed mortgage insurance payment. It would have also had the effect of under-funding the insurance. Remember how well that worked out after the last housing crash.

This is the difference between having a businessman who understands the numbers and their impact rather than a politician passing feel good legislation for votes, risking the banks and another crash while doing so.

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• You got it. Liberals have a tendency to react emotionally with little critical thought.

• Once upon a time there was a king who wanted to go fishing.

He called the royal weather forecaster and inquired as to the weather forecast for the next few
    hours. The weatherman assured him that there was no chance of rain in the coming days.

So the king went fishing with his wife, the queen. On the way he met a farmer on his donkey. Upon seeing the king the farmer said, "Your Majesty, you should return to the palace at once because in just a short time I expect a huge amount of rain to fall in this area".

The king was polite and considerate, he replied: "I hold the palace meteorologist in high regard. He is an extensively educated and experienced professional. And besides, I pay him very high wages. He gave me a very different forecast. I trust him and I will continue on my way." So he continued on his way.

However, a short time later a torrential rain fell from the sky. The King and Queen were totally soaked and their entourage chuckled upon seeing them in such a shameful condition.
    Furious, the king returned to the palace and gave the order to fire the professional. Then he summoned the farmer and offered him the prestigious and high paying role of royal forecaster.

The farmer said, "Your Majesty, I do not know anything about forecasting. I obtain my information from my donkey. If I see my donkey's ears drooping, it means with certainty that it will rain."

So the king hired the donkey.
    And thus began the practice of hiring dumb asses to work in the government and occupy its highest and most influential positions.
    And the practice is unbroken to this date.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• So everyone on my FB page is losing their shit over the DeVos nomination/vote/passing/swearing in. Has she said some stupid stuff, yes. Is she qualified? Compared to the others before her that have held her position, yes. In fact, the breadth of her position has been reduced under Obama, and she wants to shrink it further. "But she's against public schools!!!" - stop, just stop. Can I ask you these simple questions:

1. What are the qualifications of your public school's current superintendent?
    2. Did you vote in the last local election where the position of superintendent was on the ballot?
    3. Did you research the candidates before you voted?
    4. What are the qualifications of your public school's current principal?
    5. What are the qualifications of your public school child's teacher?
    6. What are your public school, and school district's positions on items of concern for you?

Oh, wait, you have no idea? You didn't vote? I hate to say this people, but these are the people with the largest impact on your child on a day-to-day basis. Yes, the government has made testing mandatory. Your state/districts/schools determine how they hire, who they hire, and what standards they require of their teachers and students. Don't know that information about your local stuff, then why do you give a rats ass about someone whose policies won't come into effect until sometime around the next election?

Sorry, had to rant.