Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Defiantly FLAWED, but so many kids going to college and getting drgrees that they can use for a job and lots of debt. Working with your hands --- electrician/plumber --- or a painting contractor one can make some very good money. I do have a degree and make lots more money with a paint brush in my hand instead of a 'math book' standing in front of a Jr High math class.

I never understood why everyone thought they needed to go to college. Also a big waste of money to send a female to college unless they wanted to be a doctor, nurse or a teacher. How many do you actually know that are using there college education.

• I never understood why everyone thought they needed to go to college. Also a big waste of money to send a female to college unless they wanted to be a doctor, nurse or a teacher. How many do you actually know that are using there college education.

I know many that have no idea how to work a screwdriver. They could not make it in a trade. Also know many that have gone to college/university up here, and get bogus no brain degrees that are not really good for much. Engineers, medical, accounting, etc. Specific work related courses seem to do good. Then there are the ones that really don't do a lot. https://www.edsmart.org/most-useless-degrees/

• I personally believe that pushing the idea that everyone should go to college has caused more harm than good - - yes., for some kids it is absolutely the right choice, but for others it is a complete waste of time and money. I would love to see high schools get back to teaching the trades like auto shop and others - - - - kids getting into debt (that they later want forgiveness for) so that they can have some feel good humanities degree just seems like a total waste of time and money too me.

JMO

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• I personally believe that pushing the idea that everyone should go to college has caused more harm than good - - yes., for some kids it is absolutely the right choice, but for others it is a complete waste of time and money. I would love to see high schools get back to teaching the trades like auto shop and others - - - - kids getting into debt (that they later want forgiveness for) so that they can have some feel good humanities degree just seems like a total waste of time and money too me.

JMO

Trades should be taught at all schools like it used to. Not everybody is college material. I have a friend that went to law school, passed the bar, practiced for a while and is now selling cars. He regrets all the money he spent on law school. I imagine there are a lot of college graduates that have buyer’s remorse these days !!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Ssaw some woman on the news sometime back out picketing for college loan forgiveness - the news guy asked her what she had studied in collage that had gotten her in the over $50k debt that she was in. - - her reply was that she had Masters degrees in "Human Services and Latin" and she hadn't been able to find a decent job

I just sat there looking at the tv thinking to myself "what the fuck?"

I really think that the lending institutions should be required to look at what degrees are going to be pursued as a part of approving an educational loan - - they know that these loans can not be defaulted on so they dont put any effort into trying to insure that the education being pursued will generate the income needed to repay the loan - - - seriously, if they had known this woman could default or declare bankruptcy does anyone think they would have lent her any money to get degrees in "humanServices and latin???

• they should put lending institutions on the hook to be responsible for doing the most they can to insure the education being pursued has the chance to repay the loan - - its BS that they know the government will bail them out if it doesnt

JMO

• IMHO - you need entrepreneurs to innovate, lawyers to keep the entrepreneur from getting screwed, and engineers to formulate a plan. That is all great but at the end of the day you have to have the trades to build it or all is for naught. NOBODY wants me to be out there swinging a hammer which I figured out at a very early age :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• IMHO - you need entrepreneurs to innovate, lawyers to keep the entrepreneur from getting screwed, and engineers to formulate a plan. That is all great but at the end of the day you have to have the trades to build it or all is for naught. NOBODY wants me to be out there swinging a hammer which I figured out at a very early age :00008172:

its actually kind of funny. I made my life working in the financial industry, doing calculations and actuarial work to help others retire, but the people I always envied were those with skills to build and fabricate things. metal workers, welders, wood workers - - I can do these things to a small degree, but I would love to be expert at them. To me creating things that physically exist is an amazing thing to do. you can hold it and feel it - - yea it was great to be successful in the retirement business, but I dont think I got the satisfaction from it that I would have gotten from actually building things that others wanted and needed.

• I think parents and High School teachers and staff should promote the trades and education....that education just might be the plumber.

But then how would the unwashed masses fall in line and become good progressive soldiers if they don't go to the liberal immersion camps...um...ah.. I mean institutes of higher "learning" .....

........ angel-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• yes I do agree that our current system of higher learning seems to me to be more into indoctrination than it is into education

• I our economy, basic 101

Imagine you have a thoroughbred horse best of breed quite literally the best horse on the planet.

Imagine a rider who we will call Powel.

Powel puts a bit in its mouth then feeds the horse a giant handful of speed.

Then he does everything he can to harness this horse in and slow it down.

Yes, it makes zero sense but that’s what our government just did.

I have always said the only way this can turn around is when we teach critical thinking and economics in school.

But a malleable and ignorant electorate is key to control..

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎