Conservative Politics & Daily Events Discussion

• Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• A man's opinion on abortion isn't invalid because he's not a woman. If a man identifies as a woman that makes them a woman. This is getting confusing but interesting at the same time.

And here is where the discussion "I identify as" , or " I am" takes a turn. You can "identify as", but are "actually not" what you identify as. Does that clear it up??? (unless I guess a sex change operation comes into play)

"identify as", for the purpose of satisfying your own persona/way of life, and what you would like others to see you as and treat you as.

Most people don't and will never understand. My suggestion, DON'T TRY, YOU WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND.

• I believe Sparcky is correct. Can’t speak for women but for any man that has used his factory equipment for sexual pleasure - the idea of cutting your johnson off is something unfathomable to 99.9% of the male species IMO. If it makes absolutely no sense how can you understand it ??

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I believe Sparcky is correct. Can’t speak for women but for any man that has used his factory equipment for sexual pleasure - the idea of cutting your johnson off is something unfathomable to 99.9% of the male species IMO. If it makes absolutely no sense how can you understand it ??

that’s the thing, trans or identifying as doesn’t mean you cut your Johnson off or physically change sexes, while that may be the option that some want, as in a sex change. Many do not go to that extent. They want to live their life as the opposite sex, but do not completely and physically change. They may often take hormones to change certain things, and the way their body reacts. Coming up from a family that has a trans person, it’s not about understanding, it’s more just about excepting.

• ...... it’s not about understanding, it’s more just about excepting.

Disclaimer: Playing Devils advocate here so lets not get our panties in a knot..... angel-squared

Why must I be forced to accept. If my view is that biology is biology and cannot be changed no matter how much you change your appearance. Is your use of a preposition rather than a verb at the end of your sentence actually a Freudian slip showing you are, deep down, in a agreement with the previous statement. If acceptance is the goal then why are my views any less worthy and why must I compromise my belief system to accommodate yours when I can back mine up with provable science.

OK...back to me.

You see why this is such a good wedge issue when some are using an argument that their "acceptance" is more important than others and some peoples guaranteed Liberties must be compromised to accommodate smaller and smaller minority groups. It runs contrary to the very argument they themselves are using to justify acceptance. History shows over and over if someone can get you to willingly give up your Liberty on one abstract issue then the next will be easier for them. Confused people are easy to manipulate which is the point. Until we stop allowing others to divide us for their gain we will never be able to live our lives with the very liberties they are perverting while claiming to care. Clue: they don't.

........ head-bang.gif

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

Edited once, last by Orangeman ().

• that’s the thing, trans or identifying as doesn’t mean you cut your Johnson off or physically change sexes, while that may be the option that some want, as in a sex change. Many do not go to that extent. They want to live their life as the opposite sex, but do not completely and physically change. They may often take hormones to change certain things, and the way their body reacts. Coming up from a family that has a trans person, it’s not about understanding, it’s more just about excepting.

I think it all boils down that nobody I have ever heard be “in your face about heterosexuality”. The trans movement is being shoved down all our throats by the extremists. If everybody would just go back to not giving a shit about how other people live their lives - let girls compete against girls and leave the freakin bathrooms like they have for hundreds of years we would be better off for it.

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I think it all boils down that nobody I have ever heard be “in your face about heterosexuality”. The trans movement is being shoved down all our throats by the extremists. If everybody would just go back to not giving a shit about how other people live their lives - let girls compete against girls and leave the freakin bathrooms like they have for hundreds of years we would be better off for it.

Well said sir. You took my post away. I hate having this type of stuff shoved down my throat by the media and others. I can't stand the new commercials showing mixed couples including gays in their commercials. Their trying to shape or distort American values. I don't mind interracial couples just don't like it forced upon me as the mainstream. But then again, I'll be 75 in June.

• here is the thing. Accepting does not mean you have to agree. You can still have an opposing opinion, and disagree. No one is forcing you to like what they are doing. As Bill said, its the extremists that are forcing the issues. Believe what you want, no one is trying to change you.

• here is the thing. Accepting does not mean you have to agree. You can still have an opposing opinion, and disagree. No one is forcing you to like what they are doing. As Bill said, its the extremists that are forcing the issues. Believe what you want, no one is trying to change you.

Co-opting language is part of the problem (also part of the program) because words actually mean things .......

ac·cept /əkˈsept/

verb

• 1.consent to receive (a thing offered):"he accepted a pen as a present"Similarreceive, agree to receive, welcome, take, take receipt of, ... moreOppositerefuse, reject, turn down
    • 2.believe or come to recognize (an opinion, explanation, etc.) as valid or correct:"this tentative explanation came to be accepted by the group"Similarbelieve, trust, give credence to, credit, give credit to, put confidence in, be convinced of, have faith in, count on, rely on, depend on, informal:go for, buy, fall for, swallow, swallow something hook, line, and sinker, take something as gospel

-Oxford Dictionary

So yes, to accept a thing means by definition that you agree with it being true. I think the word you are looking for is tolerate/condone/disregard/overlook. Any of which would allow people to live and let live without having to compromise ones belief system by being forced to "accept" something they disagree with.

....... nerd-squared

• OR THIS

Accepting

adjective.
    ac·cept·ing ik-ˈsep-tiŋ ak- Synonyms of accepting. :
    able or willing to accept something or someone : inclined to regard something or someone with acceptance rather than with hostility or fear.

• OR THIS

Accepting

adjective.
    ac·cept·ing ik-ˈsep-tiŋ ak- Synonyms of accepting. :
    able or willing to accept something or someone : inclined to regard something or someone with acceptance rather than with hostility or fear.

Sorry, no. As part of your definition you must first be "willing to accept" the thing. You know,, since an adjective is a modifier that doesn't stand on its own and all.. Please refer back to my previous post explaining what that entails.

.... nerd-squared

• As one who has a degree in Math ... I do enjoy listening/reading the 'words' of those who are good with words and how to use them... I did do one silly thing in college...took an independent class in Econ.... 3 hr credit class and all I had to do was put together a paper 30/35 pages and prove my econ thought....I learned shortly after signing up for the class that the Proffesser's undergrad work was in English grammar. I did get a B for the class grade.

• your wordsmithing

No,it's that pesky language thing again, An adjective modifies an originating subject or action, In this case the originating action is the verb accept. No "smithing" necessary. Just simple and undeniable rules of the English language sir.

.....nerd-squared