Slingshot Booze & Blues 2017 (Fri, Sep 29th 2017, 10:03am - Sun, Oct 1st 2017, 2:03pm)

Date

Slingshot Booze & Blues 2017

Fri, Sep 29th 2017, 9:03 am - Sun, Oct 1st 2017, 1:03 pm

103 2nd Street, Clarksville, VA 23927

Participants

18 participants, 32 undecided and 3 do not participate

Closing Date: Sep 23rd 2017, 11:00 pm
  • We have arrived home safely from Clarksville. Another fantastic weekend hosted by @MACAWS and his wonderfull wife. Sorry we did not make it out to Mitch's house last night, but after dinner everyone was just exhausted. Just sat at the hotel and went nowhere.

@Bu11sh1t is at the airport to catch his flight back home, courtesy of @V-SHOT.

Great to see everyone again and to meet some great new friends. Totally unforgettable weekend. Can never thank Mitch and Collett enough for their hospitality. They truly give it their all to make sure everyone has a great time, and every trip to Clarksville gets better and better. The yard movie was a BIG hit.

If you have never had the opportunity to visit Clarksville, you are missing one of the best kept secrets in the State of Virginia. A truly wonderful town with great people.

• @av8ingtom could not have said it any better! Booze and Blues was a HUGE success!! All the fun had by our Slingshot family could not have been made any better...thanks to @MACAWS, @Designer, and @Firefly. Wonderful riders, wonderful venue, and wonderful people!!!!! A huge THANK YOU to Mitch and Collette for, once again, opening up their home to host a rowdy bunch of folks who seemed to have been on their best behavior. Although, there seemed to have been a shortage of Oatmeal cookies, we all managed to have a wonderful time. Mitch, I hope you find those missing cookies. I cringe to think they are hiding somewhere, fearing the wrath of fanatic cookie fiends!!!!

Just like Tom said, if you have never been to Clarksville, VA, you are truly missing out on a gorgeous place. The people are warm and welcoming, and the are in general is a great place to hang out or ride until your heart's content. Of course, the Slingshot family made it even better. Loved seeing all the faces of the folks we only see on the Forum, and meeting new folks as well. Booze and Blues is a do-over for next year. And me and the missus are lucky enough to live in close proximity that we don't have to wait for a special event just to visit there again.

Mitch, thank you, a million times over, for everything you and Collette did to make this event a Blast for all of us. Everything was perfect, from @mytoy and the Lanyards, to the great rides, and the "Movie in the Meadow"!!! You and Collette are consummate professionals, when it comes to making sure everyone has a good time when they come to Clarksville. You have set the bar pretty high. Can't wait to see what you guys pull off next. No matter what it is, COUNT US IN!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

And by the way...we made it home safely, and got @Bu11sh1t on the plane. We'll be seeing him again in three days at Niagara Falls!!!!!

• Colette and I would like to thank all of you for your kind words
    As I have said many times before what makes a successful event are the people who attend it. We are all part of a growing family. We cherish all the time we get to spend together.

I thank you all for joining us!
    Please travel safe.

Mitch

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Home safe. 4:40 drive time. ~820 mi put on the machine this weekend.

As @av8ingtom and @V-SHOT and other have said, it was a great weekend with friends new and old, and @MACAWS and Colette are to be highly commended for another great event and exceptional hospitality.

Special thanks to Mitch and @Jdin for a late-night wrench session that got a little out of hand. When Mitch broke out the welder at 11 pm I thought that was extreme, but then the pneumatics and the tap & die kit came out at 1130...long night.

Had a great weekend...looking forward to next year already!

• The extreme things I will do for @sideseatdriver oatmeal cookies

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Next year, there will be one more fast red there if I have my way! I'm not jealous.... but I am green with envy of you all! So glad you have had great weather and such a good time! Enjoy my friends, and thank you all for sharing with those of us that didn't make it this year!

Look forward to seeing you there next year!

• Janet & I just arrived home 4:42pm, took the scenic way home, 5.5 hours vice 4 but no highways and beautiful views. I would like to thank Colette & Mitch for once again putting on a fantastic weekend, the rides were awesome as always and the movie selection for movie night could not have been any better pick, "Smokey and the Bandit" awesome flick.

I would also like to thank Mitch for putting up with me and fixing my muffler for me, never moved the whole way home.

This was Janet's 1st time up in Clarksville experiencing the Mitch Factor and she LOVED it and is looking forward to making many more trips there. We both enjoyed seeing old friends and making new ones and finally putting some faces to the names.

Janet will be joining the forum under the handle "Sweet Tea"

Life is simple ... you're either "Qualified or you're Not'

• We have to agree with all the comments regarding @MACAWS Collett, i would also like to say thanks to @Designer and @Firefly for there choosing the fantastic routes. I will write more after we are back home Tuesday , , then I can use my computer "I'm not doing so good with the app". :love::D:00000436:

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• At home now. Ayla and I can not THANK YOU ENOUGH @MACAWS and Colette. We had one HELL of a Fantastic Time. You guys put on an a great event that we will never forget! Mitch your LOVE. For this family speaks VOLUMES and we are so appreciative for it! Thank you both!!!
    We enjoyed meeting so many new family members ... simple wonderful! From the poker run too the breakfast- freaking awesome! Enjoyable fireplace conversation that kept me laughing... a break that was so needed from my normal BS. Thank you Mitch
    Few pics to follow

And I could not keep my Shot cleaned for SHIT :00008356::00008172:

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.