Production Status - MeanSling Sport Top

• @imrubicon
    Take pictures and I'll help you with anything and or questions you have. The trick to the top is pulling it tight as you work around the frame. It should end up very tight.

Pictures, pictures, !

Feedback, feedback and feedback...

How were the instructions... What can be added. Feel free to PM me.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Oh and RD my A bar clamps that the front knobs hold on are about 2.25 inches from end not the 1.5 inches in directions, wonder if my cab is that much shorter ?
    Variance seem to be a lot on these toys of ours or I missed somethign in adjustments

Need pics on that to be sure what you are saying, at least I do. We are all pic whores here anyway. @Ruptured Duck was talking about having extended brackets available to raise the top in the front an extra inch. I got a set of the prototypes, and they worked awesome! I've had my top on since, and I like getting in the sunshine! Might check with him on that, not sure what direction he's going with that yet.

• Need pics on that to be sure what you are saying, at least I do. We are all pic whores here anyway. @Ruptured Duck was talking about having extended brackets available to raise the top in the front an extra inch. I got a set of the prototypes, and they worked awesome! I've had my top on since, and I like getting in the sunshine! Might check with him on that, not sure what direction he's going with that yet.

his is the new rework design post SSITS so have the extension.... Or he should..... :/ .... It was shipped recently.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• Pic of brackets and yes the powder coat scratches easy dam it LOL
    May fix with rhino lining as it lasted on my jeep floor.
    Now for maiden drive and a cold one as a tad balmy here in Austin Tx

Overall height is not the only factor. It's more your torso height rather than overall. Also resetting your seating position (very hard to do after getting comfortable in one setting already) is something you need to possible be willing to explore.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• Yeah I need to slouch a little LOL
    As you can see Im not a petite fella
    I wear a normal half helmet (mushroom head)and it fits under the top just fine
    May try to raise the front an inch if it doesn't get all shaky as was stable up to the 65 I took it today
    Most likely flat stock with a inch of height shouldn't affect stability too much and not look to bad
    Yes it does make a world of difference in the heat of Texas.
    Did 30 mile drive to shake down any loose connections and the roof was Hoooot!!!
    As in when I lifted it my hand turned red in the brief seconds it took to exit the sling.
    I either have to trim my double bubble and maybe get the lifting strut kit also .
    Over all I like it and would recommend it to a friend !!
    :00008040:
    Gets lots of gawkers as in more than normal

• Got the strut. LOVE it. Makes entry and exit drastically better. And you can sit and talk to people and the top stays up without having to hold it. Recommend the top and the strut to anyone. Wife was totally against a top but is now considering it for hers since she has now found out what it is like sitting in traffic all week at 95 degrees.

• Ordering the strut as in the one as more parts means more failures to me LOL
    Not thinking the two would make any real difference other than looks.
    Also with the Meansling top I added the double bubble windshield/ wind deflectors and a little red bling.
    After second trip with the top I am getting used to it and liking it more and more.
    Now to get it washed

• I wanted to add!!!
    Im getting used to the lower line of sight and I do seem to see all that I need to.
    Ordered the one strut and its on its way already
    Thanks to the keep me updated side of of Meansling.com

Wanted to add also that this moved the mirrors out just a touch and they are more useful now and that little bit made a big difference in how the mirrors sit.

Overall I love this top !!!
    :thumbsup::thumbup::D

• I saw a friend when I got gas in mine yesterday. I had the top off over the weekend, as my wife want to get some sun. I put it back on right after work yesterday. Heat index was 95, and is headed up into triple digits by Friday. Top was on when I got gas in it. He walked over, and started talking to me about the top right away. Mentioned many things about mine that he liked, as he did I thought it sounded like he was comparing mine to another. I asked him if he had one, said he got one last week and his brother got one at the same time! I had just talked to his brother and took him a ride in mine 2 weeks ago! Long story shorter, they both have them and both love them. The one I was talking to has 1000 miles on his in a week! That's about what I put on mine that first week also.

I told him where to go for the top. If you happen to sell 2 or 3 in the 47355 zip code, you can send me my commission. You have my address @Ruptured Duck.... :D

• Waiting to get a few pieces back from powder coat. I was adjusting some of the brackets on the Sport Top and scratched the powder coat. ;( Figured this would be a good time to have a bunch of things re coated.

I went with a textured flat black that matches the hood plastics perfectly.

I had the 2 front arms for the top done.
    The flat bar in back that the latch catches on.
    2 brackets for my gas struts to hold open the top.
    Both fender vents and all the hardware.
    The mirror brackets.
    The risers for the mirrors that the Sport Top front arms attach to.
    Both roll hoops.

Everything sand blasted and powder coated for $150. 8)

• just got my top last night. waiting to put on this morning. people waiting to see

Well that took longer to ship than they told me??? How did the packaging look? Just checking on FedEx..

Also don't hesitate to call or e-mail any questions!

(Slingshot Owners Group)

Edited once, last by Ruptured Duck ().