Sport Top Feedback

• I will definitely put up pictures as soon as I receive the top and install. Hopefully next week. :00008643: Can't wait!

letting the one off top stretch a little before shipping. These tops tend to be a little smaller and there for a tad bit harder to stretch tight to the frame. Letting it sit in the sun allows the fabric to get some memory before shipping to customer. @jpb19403 and I discussed this color and he was ok being the first. When he gets it he better post pics for all of us to see how close or well it looks on the blue.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• Now I'm getting really excited. I will be putting up pictures as soon as the top is installed. Since it is the only one, you will all have to admire it from afar. :thumbsup::00002047:

2016 Bluefire LE, the fastest color. :D:BLUESS:

• The color options are limited. We will not do the tweed pattern because of the amount of curves. The lines just get really wiggly.

Pacific Blue

Jockey Red

Cadet Gray

Forest Green - possible with new color option for 2018.

Oyster - Might work for white but would be darker and can't risk returns.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• Where is my yellow??????

unfortunately not on the swatch card.
    Could possibly do a black with yellow trim but would need to see the cost of the binding. No solid yellow. Based on response and cost I don't think solid colors are going to be an easy to stock and sell feature.
    Just not enough interest. I'm also not set up to do one off custom covers either. Have to be realistic and focused on what is working and improve it rather than trying to find things that only marginally increase sales but add a lot more work. ROI... ROI.

Remember my goal was to offer an attractive looking top at the best price possible... All these things add cost and loose sight of its original purpose.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• unfortunately not on the swatch card.Could possibly do a black with yellow trim but would need to see the cost of the binding. No solid yellow. Based on response and cost I don't think solid colors are going to be an easy to stock and sell feature.
    Just not enough interest. I'm also not set up to do one off custom covers either. Have to be realistic and focused on what is working and improve it rather than trying to find things that only marginally increase sales but add a lot more work. ROI... ROI.

Remember my goal was to offer an attractive looking top at the best price possible... All these things add cost and loose sight of its original purpose.

@Ruptured Duck I believe you and Henry Ford have the same idea. You with your top and he with his car. As he said "A customer can have any color he likes as long as its black."

"I will build a motor car for the great multitude. It will be large enough for the family but small enough for the individual to run and care for. It will be constructed of the best materials, by the best men to be hired, after the simplest designs that modern engineering can devise. But it will be so low in price that no man making a good salary will be unable to own one - and enjoy with his family the blessing of hours of pleasure in God’s great open spaces." Henry Ford

Keep up the great work.

• I'm really enjoying my top. You designed it to be so simple to remove, but I can't picture being without it.

As an early adopter, you sent me the new style adjustment brackets just so everyone going forward would have the same design. Grade A support! It sort of goes along with what you said above in 73, "Have to be realistic and focused on what is working and improve it..." A good business plan for survival. BTW, I just placed order #10076 for the Hood Assist. I'm looking forward to it.

• I'm really enjoying my top. You designed it to be so simple to remove, but I can't picture being without it.

As an early adopter, you sent me the new style adjustment brackets just so everyone going forward would have the same design. Grade A support! It sort of goes along with what you said above in 73, "Have to be realistic and focused on what is working and improve it..." A good business plan for survival. BTW, I just placed order #10076 for the Hood Assist. I'm looking forward to it.

@Stroker thank you and thanks for the order. Just saw it. It will ship out tomorrow.
    Just trying to not get lost in the weeds. Have several other products to get going and I would rather focus time and capital in that direction.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• @JamesB the +5 is the one I am still working on. There is a +5 installed and working but required additional items that might work for a later kit but not the current version.
    I will shortly be testing a rework that should allow for the +3. Have a w/s on its way for confirmation. With that one figured out I'll move on to the +5 to see if there is any way.

(Slingshot Owners Group)