Luggage mount for rooftop

• $750.00 or 375 if halved... for just the brackets of the whole kit and kaboodle??
    That makes my wee wittle pocketbook trimble.... :/I forgot to mention this is only possible if I would order 10 sets, I'm not Donald and rich. this is actually very closed to my costs . Originally I made that for mytoy but I have no problem to share with the family in this forum.

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• Would you mind saying what it is?I don't want to stop on anyone's toes as far as selling the mounts, but I may have a less expensive option for you.

Hey I have no problem with sharing, if you know someone I'm interested in it to make it cheaper. I'm not a vendor I just look to cover my cost and it does not hurt do get a beer out of it. With that said I'm hesitant to post the dimensions because there may be vendors looking and learning and try to make $$$ of us.

Do not resent growing old. Many are denied.... The Privilege :REDSS: :SUPERCHARGERSS: : :HEADERSS: : :COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch

• Hey I have no problem with sharing, if you know someone I'm interested in it to make it cheaper. I'm not a vendor I just look to cover my cost and it does not hurt do get a beer out of it. With that said I'm hesitant to post the dimensions because there may be vendors looking and learning and try to make $$$ of us.

I totally understand that.
    Personally, I come from the offroad community. We've been mounting stuff to tubing for years.
    I've used these products and can attest to the quality and strength of them.

From what I've seen of your setup, this might be a cheaper solution. it comes in lots of different diameters.
    Parallel Modular Mounting Bracket

they also make a plain one... Modular Clamp Rings

as well as lots of other mounting options.
    Roll Bar

I have always just painted mine. touch up when needed.
    hopefully this is useful.

• I appreciate your input, I agree there a many ways to skin a cat. Again originally I made that for my own use, also I just want to mention with a small variation of this brackets I'm working on other uses for the SS.

• I just checked the sites and yes there are some close in the diameter but they would be to the tube dia. without the powder coding which means 1:1 paint and paint gone. That's one of the reasons why I had mine made put on and take of without damaging anything.
    AGAIN THANKS BECAUSE YOU MADE MW LOOK AGAIN WHY I DID WHAT I DID. :):):thumbup::thumbup:

• @mytoy sadly, this is too expensive an option for the unknowns. Its a wonderful design, but price is out of my range.

:|

I fully understand. Like I said it is posted here to see and show what we are us a Forum Family members do. I just can't afford to give it away. Are you and your hubby going to blues and booze in September? We Barbie and I would look forward to met you all.

• No, absolutely wouldnt ask anyone to give their work away for free, it is a very nice design. Makes me wonder why big box vendors didnt think of something similar as an option already. Even the alpha luggage racks though... just too much for the asking price. Funcycle had some nice affordable racks at ssits for sale, but those dont work with our top, or Id have purchased a pair from him...as far as events goes,Right now its an option.. havent registered for anything yet, we will either go early to slings in the ozarks or be headed to virginia. Have yet to decide. Yes, we are always looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing familiar faces as well. :)

All statements, posts, and general discussions made on this forum by me purposely reflect my opinions and personal experiences. 8)

• No, absolutely wouldnt ask anyone to give their work away for free, it is a very nice design. Makes me wonder why big box vendors didnt think of something similar as an option already. Even the alpha luggage racks though... just too much for the asking price. Funcycle had some nice affordable racks at ssits for sale, but those dont work with our top, or Id have purchased a pair from him...as far as events goes,Right now its an option.. havent registered for anything yet, we will either go early to slings in the ozarks or be headed to virginia. Have yet to decide. Yes, we are always looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing familiar faces as well. :)

We will attend in VA we go first to Nashville TN for our 25th wedding anniversary (1st honeymoon) and then we drive to blues and booze in VA @MACAWS I hope to meet you there two or three :):D

• Mytoy, nice set up...could you post the link for the locking attachments on the bottom of the pelican cases and for the case you used? Thanks...

I purchased them from TwistedThrottle.com but I can'd find them there anymore, but they sell all kind of attachments. I just found the drawings.

• Mytoy, nice set up...could you post the link for the locking attachments on the bottom of the pelican cases and for the case you used? Thanks...

I found some similar mounting brackets,

DrySpec Universal Case Bolt-On Kit for SW-MOTECH & Givi Sidecarriers | TwistedThrottle.com