2nd Annual Murphy, NC, Veteran's Day weekend rally

• Made it out of Murphy, in the rain, and back to the halfway point (to pick up the kids) with no issues except being a bit damp. Stopped raining after we got on this side of Blood Mountain. Not a bad run. Stopped for lunch, we'll grab those pesky kids, and then we'll head for home. All good so far. @Dogs, @ericastar76, @sideslinger, thanks for a good start at breakfast.

• Made it out of Murphy, in the rain, and back to the halfway point (to pick up the kids) with no issues except being a bit damp. Stopped raining after we got on this side of Blood Mountain. Not a bad run. Stopped for lunch, we'll grab those pesky kids, and then we'll head for home. All good so far. @Dogs, @ericastar76, @sideslinger, thanks for a good start at breakfast.

Safe traveling

Michael West
    Gainesville Ga.
    404-401-0841

:SLRSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS: :OILFILTERSS: :00008862::00008698:

:00000436::00000436::00000436:

• Almost home...

Made a quick pit-stop in Lincolnton for some yummy noms and to refuel one last time (two full tanks to go 180 miles ~> and I wouldn’t trade my SS’s power for nothing)!!

Have about an hour to go and then we’re out of the cold misting-rain! :thumbsup:

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• I made it home in 6 hours and 42 minutes, The total mileage for the Murphy trip was 1,221.3 miles. Now for @EjFord I am up to 55,010 miles on the SlingShot. I enjoyed the 3 days of riding with everyone, I cannot wait for the next SS get together. I got home at 1/36 PM

Going to have to rap up in the 'cold weather' gear to stay ahead. Hope all is well with the lovely wife, Brenda.

• Just got home ourselves. Started with a little mist at the beginning of the ride in GA, then the last 40-50 miles was wet and cold.

On a note of interest, tried the Sling-to-car comms with our Sena headsets for the ride home, worked pretty well.

Now I am going to get in the shower and thaw out a bit, then I'll check my mileage and such.

Anyone hear from @Bubblehead or @Roy658 to know if they made it home?

• @Bubblehead is home I called as soon as I got home.

• Thanks, @FunCycle. :thumbsup:

So, some random notes from the weekend:

267 mi to get me from work to Murphy, with two stops.
    366 mi in and around Murphy, following @Dogs and @rabtech.
    215 mi to get us home from Murphy, with a detour back to GA.
    848 miles total.

Roads were wet-tish off and on all day, but not of huge concern until the last 20 mi or so. Then in my ear I heard my @sideseatdriver go, "Honey, be careful. Don't @MiM." Dude - you've been verbed.

Guys, guys, I did a thing! Took off from a red light yesterday next to @Dogs, and actually beat him to ~75 mph or so! I had Azura's nose in front of his silver beast the whole way until I came off the throttle around 75, but that was good enough for me. And, I got a thumb's up from @Roy658 for it! I don't suck so much anymore! :D Maybe someday I won't slow @FunCycle and @rabtech down so much, but that's a ways in the future. #goals

And speaking of @rabtech, buddy, you'll have to post pictures of the cat with the new claw caps on when you get them. I've never seen someone so genuinely happy for a $10 Amazon purchase. Hope they work out.

• Sorry all, made it home about noon, wet and cold, but great ride. Stopped at a gas station and must have hit the panic alarm on the Slingshot, could not get it to go off at all, so opened the hood a pulled the f***ing wire, went off. Tomorrow yanking the whole dam viper alarm out. Other than that had an awesome weekend riding with great friends and making new ones.

Life is simple ... you're either "Qualified or you're Not'

• Why did you think he bought so much super glue!

• Sorry about that @KayTwo, we made t home around 10:30 am. Slight drizzle until we cleared Blood Mountain, then clear sailing all the way home. Just turned on the computers and routers or would have answered sooner. BTW, if you were following anyone this trip it was most probably @ericastar76. That lady can drive! She can also handle all the horsepower her sling can muster.

• Sorry about that @KayTwo, we made t home around 10:30 am. Slight drizzle until we cleared Blood Mountain, then clear sailing all the way home. Just turned on the computers and routers or would have answered sooner.

No worries, I was just checking. The drizzle cleared for us over the top of Blood Mountain as well. I will be going back to that road sometime when it is dry....quite the trip!

• Yes, that is a fun ride and you can actually drift the Sling thru there.

South to north is my favorite. Much easier to maintain control uphill. Once you reach the little store at the top, the remainder toward Cleveland is so much more tame. If you want another fun run, try rte 180 just after Vogel State Park. First half will wear you out!