Snazzy has a Remote Seat Release

• Yes, first ever Polaris Slingshot Remote Seat Release System. No more fumbling, hunting searching for that lever that releases the seat. Gail and I have tested this feature we designed and built to gain easy access behind the seat and storage area. A remote handle will allow easy access now to the important areas that you have dreaded having to go to because of finding that handle. I want you to take a look at maybe my best invention yet for the Polaris Slingshot. Simple, Easy to build, and low cost. Rewards are Put it in the storage area, I can get to it now with ease. Show time!

• Here are some details that will be of value if you want to build this for your slingshot.

• Neat idea.

I can see the advantages for the passenger and while standing outside the Sling. I hate the release causes the seat to hit you in the head it lets go so fast.

This is a much better option.

• Great idea and got my thinging cap working. I can achieve this with a door lock acutaor with a remote momentary push button. I wont need the cable ties and I can put the switch in a convienent location for either sitting or reaching in.

• Great thinking to modify the seat release lever. :thumbsup:

• Great idea @Samowens44 ~> You really got me thinking this afternoon of possibly making the entire seat electric!

Link: Install this to leave the latch open...
    Link: Then to operate the seat, a linear actuator should work (I don't think you'll need to draw more than 24v as the seat is very light)

*I'm thinking a single circuit could operate both in tandem?

If at first you don't succeed, skydiving is not for you...
    Signature.png

• ericatar76 I knew if you through out an idea and it will generate some thinking. Very Good, but keep in mind you just want to get behind the seat and close it back quickly. I still think simple will over ride electric and moving parts. I like the idea for actually being able to work and want to encourage you to look at an idea and see what you can do with it.