Less than a year ... Freaking ECU issue is back, code 065620

• called the dealer today. Polaris has contacted them regarding the replacement. They said they are still trying to work out the process. Just told him I would be up on Saturday to remove my items from the Slingshot. He was a little reluctant because he was not sure of the deal that would be worked out and that they may know better on Friday. I told him until they have replaced it I still own it so I will be up Saturday to remove very important parts off my Slingshot. Why has the art of Customer Service been lost to some?

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

Edited once, last by Ruptured Duck ().

• as of Saturday dealer knew nothing and they are closed today. I sent a documentation email to Polaris (CC dealer as always) this afternoon expressing exactly what you just stated. Politely asked for a time to call so process timeline can be set and formal written documentation supplied. Tomorrow at 11AM EST is when I'll call if no response is received. Trying to be positive. :D
    Email stated that SS has been prepared for them. All accessories removed and returned to OE original status. Explained that tag is in place and insurance paid up through August. Also both May and June's payments made without the ability to drive or enjoy.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• hope 2016-2017 tags are not paid by you---- Polaris WILL pay all registration, so you get tags good for 1 full year from getting the new vehicle. We both got shafted on the insurance, but nothing can be done on that. (My annual insurance is due 7/3- one year from original purchase. I just changed the vin# on the old policy for the last month it was in effect.)

Hoping for better news tomorrow.

• thanks regarding registration and tag fees. Sense it will be a new SS and the government don't care who pays as long as they get paid they need to pony up for this. Not my fault.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• Little update. Spoke with Polaris this afternoon to get a timeline of events and where we were in the process. Looks like the ball is rolling but was given about a month for all to work out. @NatomasSlingshot1 this may sound long but when you compare it to them trying to fix it and then do the buyback its not that bad. SUCKS! but could be worse. This includes the week we have already worked through sense they informed me of what will happen. Basically they are working out the financing on PowerSports end. It will be like we are trading the old unit in on a new one with no additional cost. Dealer prep, tag and title all paid for. We will only need to have the insurance VN info changed. As it stands I told them that July 15th is there drop dead date. There is no reason it should extend past this date and needs to be sooner. My family and I will be going on vacation next week - the 4th so I hope to be picking it up the following weekend. As always all conversations have been summarized and e-mailed to Polaris. I have also CCed the dealer on all conversations with Polaris.

Interestingly my unit is to not be returned to Polaris. I did express my concerns about this unit not being examined and or destroyed. Expressed concerns of it being returned to the market (after repairs?) by the dealer. Unless they have figured out the issue or are working with the dealer to help them solve it I just don't like it being sold again. So if you live in GA and want to buy a used SS just avoid the red 2015 SL with the last four numbers in the VN: 0866

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• just got a call from the dealer..... looks like I will be picking up a new 2016 Red SL on Saturday.... smile-squared
    Need to get up there tomorrow morning to get my LED lights off. It's being picked up? Either going to one of Freedom Power sports main Slingshot service locations to be rebuilt or maybe it is going back to Polaris... just don't know at this time.

Will be happy when keys are in my hand and the SS is sitting in my driveway.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• just got a call from the dealer..... looks like I will be picking up a new 2016 Red SL on Saturday.... smile-squared
    Need to get up there tomorrow morning to get my LED lights off. It's being picked up? Either going to one of Freedom Power sports main Slingshot service locations to be rebuilt or maybe it is going back to Polaris... just don't know at this time.

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Keep in mind- this is not your baby --at least not yet. It won't be, even after it is safely tucked into your garage. It's going to feel different, it's going to handle different, it probably won't stop the same way yours did. The body panel alignment probably won't be your satisfaction, and you'll have to tinker with it. The rear end will howl like a sick puppy, until it gets broken in and a fluid change.
    After almost 4 weeks, and close to 2000 miles- Wicked 1 and I I finally settling in, and getting used to each other. The rear end has quieted down quite a bit- still needs that fluid change. The shocks seem to have loosened up or are broken in a little bit- at first I was convinced that Polaris had gone to a cheaper brand, although even I didn't think that was possible.
    I don't sit in the garage early in the morning, sipping coffee, just looking at her as though she is the awkward stepchild anymore. She belongs. The more miles she gets, the last time I spend watching the gauges-expecting lights in the moment. I won't go as far as to say that I trust her- but we are getting to be much better friends.

Remember when you first had your new slingshot-all the little petty stuff........ Just be prepared for it again

Oh by the way- make sure it is not on the list for the camera replacement, and more likely than not, it has not had the 3.7 latest flash- I believe that flash was dated 4/16 (?) (I made sure mine was done before I left the dealer, so hopefully-except for me dropping by to say hello- he doesn't get to see me too much anymore)

• So Cool , you will have plenty of time to BOOOOOOST it up before the end of July . :D

I know, I know . The closing of all your post no turbo "Here's Your Sign ! "

Great News

No Turbo sign only because I am trying to make myself feel better for not having enough disposable $ to have one.. grin-squared

(Slingshot Owners Group)

• Keep in mind- this is not your baby --at least not yet. It won't be, even after it is safely tucked into your garage. It's going to feel different, it's going to handle different, it probably won't stop the same way yours did. The body panel alignment probably won't be your satisfaction, and you'll have to tinker with it. The rear end will howl like a sick puppy, until it gets broken in and a fluid change.
    After almost 4 weeks, and close to 2000 miles- Wicked 1 and I I finally settling in, and getting used to each other. The rear end has quieted down quite a bit- still needs that fluid change. The shocks seem to have loosened up or are broken in a little bit- at first I was convinced that Polaris had gone to a cheaper brand, although even I didn't think that was possible.
    I don't sit in the garage early in the morning, sipping coffee, just looking at her as though she is the awkward stepchild anymore. She belongs. The more miles she gets, the last time I spend watching the gauges-expecting lights in the moment. I won't go as far as to say that I trust her- but we are getting to be much better friends.

Remember when you first had your new slingshot-all the little petty stuff........ Just be prepared for it again

Oh by the way- make sure it is not on the list for the camera replacement, and more likely than not, it has not had the 3.7 latest flash- I believe that flash was dated 4/16 (?) (I made sure mine was done before I left the dealer, so hopefully-except for me dropping by to say hello- he doesn't get to see me too much anymore)

nope I'm expecting it. Honestly with my first one being #866 I had bad panel alignment (hood off 1/8" to the left no matter how I adjusted it), worst paint runs on the side panels that I could not get warrantied, steering column plastic covers that never aligned, a warrantied center hood panel that had paint that didn't match the fenders... blah ... blah... blah....
    Been there done that with the rear end , just hope the front seal don't leak ... almost has it burn down my house when the rear camera sparked out and smoke fogged my garage.
    Point is that I don't think the new one could really be any worse .. :D

(Slingshot Owners Group)

ooohhhhhhhh yeah!

• Just got here at the dealer to remove the last few items .... look what is pulling in. Wonder if there is a nice new red SL in there for me?

(Slingshot Owners Group)