Alpha Supercharger Initial Impressions/Review

• @Jeff@DDMWorks @Dave@DDMWorks Is there any chance of having @jaytee back on the road by April 22nd for Summit Point, WV Track Day (Sat, Apr 22nd 2017, 8:00am - 9:00am) ?

That will be a tight squeeze but as always we will do our best.
    The DDMWorks Team will be out in Texas for the slingshot meet the 17th through the 25th so he would have to be done before we leave.
    We will keep you all posted.

Jeff Mellor
    DDMWorks
    119A Highway 183
    Piedmont, SC 29673
    Orders - 864-438-4949
    Tech Support - 864-907-6004
    www.DDMWorks.com

• Sorry, I don't think we have shown this before but the 2 Bar Map Sensor is obviously not what comes on the slingshot from the factory. The adapter we use not only seals the larger hole but also helps hold it in. Having multiple parts the way this example came in does increase the possibility for slippage.
    Here are some photos showing the differences between the two sensors.

Going to let @Dave@DDMWorks fill you in on the technical aspects.

Jeff Mellor
    DDMWorks
    119A Highway 183
    Piedmont, SC 29673
    Orders - 864-438-4949
    www.DDMWorks.com

• A little backstory on the MAP sensors. Originally when we started working with the Solstice/Sky 2.4L in 2007 the intake manifold had a 10.3mm hole in it for the MAP sensor. Those MAP sensors had a orange ribbed boot on them that sealed into that size hole nice and snug. When we started using the 2 bar MAP sensor, it plugged right into that hole and no modifications were needed. Then in 2008 GM changed several things including the MAP sensor being used and the hole size in the intake manifold. The hole in the intake manifold was enlarged to 12mm from the previous 10.3mm along with the size of the nipple on the MAP sensor. Since we still needed to use a 2 bar MAP sensor in all of our supercharger kits, we found a way of adapting the 2 bar MAP sensor with the smaller nipple designed for the 10.3mm hole to work in the 12mm hole by removing the stock orange ribbed boot and replacing it with a modified nipple. There was no 2 bar MAP sensor that was available that could just plug into the new 12mm hole that we could find. We have been modifying the MAP sensors for every supercharged/turbo kit we have sold since 2008 and it has worked really well. The nipple that we use is a 1/2" OD nipple, so it provides a good amount of resistance from being pushed out since it is slightly larger than the 12mm hole found in the intake manifold.

That is why the adapters are needed though when switching out from the stock 1 bar MAP sensor to the 2 bar MAP sensors on the SLingshots.

Hope that helps,
    Dave

• Uhhhh ummmm. A 3bar GM Performance MAP sensor fits in mine just perfectly. And the wiring is just like the slingshot. So I didn't need an adapter for the twisted wire....

I covered over the numbers because I could just see someone running out to get themselves a 3bar sensor. DON'T DO THAT...

Just saying that GM went back to the standard harness on the 3bar and the nipple fits perfect in my intake.

• Yes, that 3 Bar does plug right in, but there are not a lot of people that need a 3 Bar MAP sensor right now, showoff ;)

• Right. DO NOT throw a 3 bar in your slingshot. The tune's currently out there are not written for that. Unless you are @rabtech and have a sick Haltech tuned by The Dave @ DDMWorks.

Jeff Mellor
    DDMWorks
    119A Highway 183
    Piedmont, SC 29673
    Orders - 864-438-4949
    www.DDMWorks.com

• why you scratch out 3 BAR MAP info??

• Could you get a better pic of me next time? I look like I am spaced out or something ;) Just kidding, it was really nice to meet you yesterday and we look forward to getting you taken care of. Big shout out to @lrobbi also for helping out with this, I know it has been said a lot lately but there is a great group on this forum.

75% is all some can handle at one time with the "GREATS " such as yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Forum mobile app

• I really wish I had done a bit more research before deciding on which supercharger to go with. From what I have seen thus far, go with DDMworks. Trust me. These guys have done the required R&D to make it work without any known failures thus far.

• I really wish I had done a bit more research before deciding on which supercharger to go with. From what I have seen thus far, go with DDMworks. Trust me. These guys have done the required R&D to make it work without any know failures thus far.

I agree. Customer service after the sale is important... I personally prefer that when I am spending my hard earned money. I get that with @Dave@DDMWorks additional I remember how much time ... over a year and months of R&D put into Ddmworks SC before it was released.

WE WERE ALL HUMANS UNTIL
    RACE DISCONNECTED US,
    RELIGION SEPERATED US,
    POLITICS DIVIDED US,
    AND WEALTH CLASSIFIED US.

• I really wish I had done a bit more research before deciding on which supercharger to go with. From what I have seen thus far, go with DDMworks. Trust me. These guys have done the required R&D to make it work without any know failures thus far.

Have you heard about our exchange program ? :D

Jeff Mellor
    DDMWorks
    119A Highway 183
    Piedmont, SC 29673
    Orders - 864-438-4949
    www.DDMWorks.com