Slingin in the Sun - Summer Kickoff Ride - Houston/Kemah/Galveston

• “Slingin in the Sun” – Polaris Slingshot Summer Kickoff Ride – Houston / Kemah / Galveston – Saturday May 20th 2017 – Pre-ride meet Team Mancuso Powersports Gulf Freeway at 10222 Gulf Freeway, Houston TX77034 from 11:00 am – 1:00 pm – Invite your friends and family to see a large variety of custom Polaris Slingshots, and enjoy food, music, and more! FREE EVENT! Prize giveaways for Slingshot riders from Alpha Powersport, LED’s of Texas, and Mobile Innovations! Group ride to Kemah and Galveston afterwards, additional meetup locations and ride map coming soon. Ride video production by Sander Castillo and Storm Mansell / SlingLife.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/s…ckets-32900849326?aff=es2
    https://www.facebook.com/events/1049830191815261/

Beware of Sling Ninja...

Edited once, last by Storm ().

• MAJOR EVENT UPDATE!!

Hello everyone!Just thought I would give everyone a quick update on what we have planned for our May 20th “Slingin In The Sun” Event so far. Details are subject to change, so stay tuned leading up to the event.

We will meet up at Mancuso @ 10222 Gulf Freeway around 11 am, where they will provide free food, drinks, and music for our group. Mingle, check out the Slingshots, buy some SlingLife gear, and don’t forget to get your prize raffle tickets. We’re giving away a $250 Gift Certificate to LED’s of Texas, a $300 Gift Certificate to Mobile Innovations towards audio or lights, some goodies from Alpha, some SlingLife gear, and more!!

We’ll make some quick announcements, giveaway some prizes, and hit the road towards Kemah around 1:00 pm. We’ll head South on I-45, and exit the Nasa Bypass. Drones will capture our group as we cross a couple of bridges. We’ll try to do a quick “parade lap” around the Kemah Boardwalk area, then the group will meet just a few blocks away at the Walmart at 255 FM 518 to “Regroup and Refuel”. (The Kemah Boardwalk area has many lights/stop signs, so it will be difficult to keep our group together here. If separated, regroup at the Walmart.)

We’ll hang out at the Walmart for about 20 minutes or so, then head South on Hwy 146 along the coast towards Texas City / Galveston. We’ll merge onto I-45 S as we cross the Galveston Bay bridge, where drones will again attempt to capture our group. Exit 61st street, and then another “Regroup and Refuel” stop at 6327 Stewart Rd, Galveston TX 77551. After another 20 minutes or so, we will head back South on 61st to the Seawall and make a right, and take a nice drive down the coast.

Somewhere on the South end of Galveston, we will find a place for the group to park, (exact location TBD) and for those that would like to take their Slingshots on the sand, a group will break off and do a quick photo / drone shoot on the sand. (Those who don’t want “sandy slings” can stay parked, while others get a little dirty.) We will regroup, and then head back North on the Seawall.

We will drive North on the Seawall all the way to the other end of Galveston, passing Pleasure Pier, to Fort San Jacinto Historic Point, where there is a great photo / drone opportunity as we park our Slingshots on an angled wall called Cherry Hill, next to the road. After this we will head back South on the Seawall, to Broadway Ave, where we will take a quick tour of The Strand Historic District. We will head back South to the Seawall to our final meetup spot at Brick House at 3502 Seawall Blvd, Galveston TX77550, for dinner and refreshments. (Approx 7:30 PM)

There may be some talk of “unofficial after-rides”, for those soldiers who are still up for more Slingin in the Sunset. More details to follow!

• Before the ride, we will publish an online map of our specific route.
    • We will have a hand-out at the event with turn by turn directions.
    • We’re getting high-tech! The ride leader will use an app called Glympse to broadcast his location at all times. Download the app, and stay tuned for more details so you never lose track of the group!

See you guys on May 20th for a great time!

Beware of Sling Ninja...

• Looks like a good time! Don't forget the sunblock... :whistling: Avoid Sling Tan!

Also, just my 2 cents... With the way these frames rust... No sand for me! ;(

Man, I forgot sunscreen on the way back from Kerville, had a bandana wrapped around my head... spent the rest of the week trying to get rid of the extremely noticeable tan line straight across my forehead!

Beware of Sling Ninja...

• A FEW ADDITIONAL QUICK UPDATES:

Weather: Don’t trust the weatherman! Seriously, we’ll keep an eye on the situation, but right now, everything is still a go. Keep in mind that there have been days here recently where it says 60% chance of rain, even on the same day, and nothing happens. It doesn’t even make sense to look too closely at it until maybe Thursday, as it seems to be changing all the time. Stay tuned…

Parking: We have a good problem! So far we’ve received an overwhelming response to this event, and we may have more Slingshots than we anticipated! (if the weather holds up) When parking at any of our meeting spots, please park as close as you can to the sling next to you to make the best use of space available. (More tightly packed vehicles make for better photos and video as well!) Arrive early at Mancuso if you want to get a good spot. We’ll try our best out there to accommodate everyone.

Prizes and Raffle Tickets: Here’s how the prizes will be awarded… Head to the desk by the door to check-in. Every Slingshot owner will automatically get 10 free tickets to the raffle drawings. Additional tickets can be purchased for $1 each. Around 12:30 pm at Mancuso, we will draw for several prizes, except for one final prize which will be drawn in Galveston. We are very proud to announce that HALF of all money raised from the raffle tickets will be donated to the Pediatric Brain Tumor Foundation!

Fuel: Our first two meetup locations, one in Kemah, and one in Galveston, both have gas stations available in the same parking lot. The next two meetup locations don’t have gas stations, but you could break off from the group to get gas at any time along the Seawall drive. We recommend coming with a full tank, and / or filling up at one of the first two stops on the ride. (See Itinerary).

Hope to see you and your awesome Slingshots soon!

Beware of Sling Ninja...

• :00008040:

I will hopefully catch up to you all... I have a Breast Cancer walk that morning, and then the wife works, but hopefully I'm let off my leash and can go run free!

If not, hope it @Storms! :P:POKESS:

Ha, very funny.... I've been looking at so many weather reports this week I need to go apply at The Weather Channel! I mean with a name like Storm they HAVE TO hire me, right???

Beware of Sling Ninja...

• It's not looking too good... ;(

Hope it changes!

Depends on which weather report you look at...remember our weather changes more often than....
    Fill in the blank...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• This was a great event! I only caught up to the group about 5:30pm... But there were like 60+ Slings at one point...

Mitch from Rev Dynamics was there and we talked paint... @Painter, he respects your work and I let him know the feeling is mutual (hope you don't mind...). They also installed air rides in 2 or 3 Slings. He's got some things he's looking to come out with soon... New paint designs, air ride options, etc.

He knows about the forum and he's kicking himself for paying the $100 dark side fee, but said because of Google power rankings he chose there, but knows ALL THE TRAFFIC IS THROUGH HERE!

@rabtech, I don't know about the vendor fees here, but reach out to him on TDS if you care to, everyone knows this is where it's at.

• The respect is mutual. Look forward to what revdynamics is got planned for the future.

• Holy crap.....that right there is dedication!

Is not that I am mean, I just don't sugarcoat what I say.