Looking to get up close

• My dealer told me they base it on the person and if they thought they could afford one and if they might actually buy it.
    I guess a 52 year old with his wife riding up on a Harley qualified.

Dealers full of shit! They get allotted a DEMO. I guarantee there trying to pull a fast one and trying to sell there Demo for full price. Guarantee if you called Polaris they would tell you all dealers have a Demo. I can see a kid walking in or what we called tire kicker back in the day wanting to take out demo just to get a free ride. But a person who's really interested they can't turn them away. You can feel a person out...How old are ya anyway???

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

• Taking my parents out to a show room and hopefully a test ride this week, just going to throw a fit if they refuse to give me a test drive

Sent from my iPhone using Polaris Slingshot Info

Throwing a fit in the showroom is not a wise move!!! Let your dad do the talking and let the dealer think he is doing the buying. A dealership here in town let my buddy and I test drive a couple of bikes when we were 17. Long story made short the cops were waiting for us at the dealer when we got back lol. Seems the guy that chased us down the street with a rake after we were racing and doing wheelies called the cops oops.

:GRAYSS: Its all about that base :HEADERSS::MOTOROILSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch, Welter duels

• They said they "cant afford to rack up the miles on a machine like that "

A dealer that won't let you test drive one at this point .... Find a NEW dealer,
    and my thought is find a dealer who is good in the SERVICE dept.
    My dealer is 120 miles away with 2 less than 30 miles away. I drive the 120 miles
    around the City of Chicago to get an oil change and it is worth it ....

• Funny thing is most of the original purchasers were not allowed to test drive before they bought. First time I drove it, I owned it. Well worth the gamble.

Yes we did ... I bought in Northern Illinois in Mid Feb 2015 a foot of snow on the
    road. But those of us who bought in the first couple of months were and STILL are NUTS and loving it.

Should edit this to say that those of us who bought early KNEW BETTER....

• Throwing a fit in the showroom is not a wise move!!! Let your dad do the talking and let the dealer think he is doing the buying. A dealership here in town let my buddy and I test drive a couple of bikes when we were 17. Long story made short the cops were waiting for us at the dealer when we got back lol. Seems the guy that chased us down the street with a rake after we were racing and doing wheelies called the cops oops.

I was being sarcastic, but ill just show him the color of my money that should say it all

• Dealers full of shit! They get allotted a DEMO. I guarantee there trying to pull a fast one and trying to sell there Demo for full price. Guarantee if you called Polaris they would tell you all dealers have a Demo. I can see a kid walking in or what we called tire kicker back in the day wanting to take out demo just to get a free ride. But a person who's really interested they can't turn them away. You can feel a person out...How old are ya anyway???

Im 15, gonna be 16 in a couple of weeks

• Im 15, gonna be 16 in a couple of weeks

Some of us who bought without that test drive are just a little older....Had just turned 71 when I bought my Slingshot...in Feb 2015 I have put 44,000 miles on the Slingshot in those two years and I'm still working just to afford the gas it takes to go down the street. One thing that you may want to look into real seriously is the cost of INSURANCE....even for some us old farts the prices are
    $800.00 to $1,600.00 a year. Only a few insurance companies that will insure at any price.

Good luck on your quest for a Slingshot... They are a blast.

So your a pup! Don't even have license then?? Need to be 16.... If that's the case no way in hell dealer lets ya take a test ride. Have to show a license in order to take test ride. Would think a car would be more practical for ya than an expensive toy?. .. But we're all old farts what do we know :whistling::00008359:

But you would look cool & get a quick Prom date :D

I Have No more toys, just memories.... :/

So your a pup! Don't even have license then?? Need to be 16 with a year time before you can even take passengers ( law here anyway) If that's the case no way in hell dealer lets anyone take a ride. Have to show a license in order to take test ride. Would think a car would be more practical for ya than an expensive toy?. ..

It would be, but not everyone can say they owned a sling this early

• You should be able to ride along with the sales person .... but make mom & dad go first. Step one is to get them liking it and on your side.

Does NJ require a helmet?

You just won't be able to drive

sent from my FAST red slingshot

So your a pup! Don't even have license then?? Need to be 16.... If that's the case no way in hell dealer lets ya take a test ride. Have to show a license in order to take test ride. Would think a car would be more practical for ya than an expensive toy?. .. But we're all old farts what do we know :whistling::00008359:

Hey, wait a minute who is an old fart??? Hell I am only 64 going on 17 lol

:GRAYSS: Its all about that base :HEADERSS::MOTOROILSS::COLDAIRSS::COILOVERSS: Wycked hitch, Welter duels

• I'm a be honest with you, as cool as it would be to have a Slingshot as your first car it is no where near wise. Get an old beat up car you can destroy 1st & then look to upgrade.

I thought that's what the old mans car was for lol I never crashed one of my dads cars but I was sure was hard on tires, rear ends, and transmissions lol

Edited once, last by slolane ().

• I'm a be honest with you, as cool as it would be to have a Slingshot as your first car it is no where near wise. Get an old beat up car you can destroy 1st & then look to upgrade.

Best advice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk