LED headlight stopped working

• What are the symptoms/indications? Was there still power to your LED/fan set, or nothing?

Nothing! Only the T-10 light was working which runs off a different source of power that the LED. but when I swapped the black box...all was still good with the actual light and and fan.

Owner of Three's Da Life Fenders and Three's Da Life Apparel

Proud supporter of S.O.G. (Slingshot Owners Group) :thumbsup:

WWW.ROCKMYBLING.COM

• Nothing! Only the T-10 light was working which runs off a different source of power that the LED. but when I swapped the black box...all was still good with the actual light and and fan.

Check. Mine seems to be a bit different. Still have power to the fan, just nothing from the light.

• Appreciate it, brother, but the LED is a whole unit, not a replaceable bulb. Slingmods already has a new one on the way, tracking number in hand.

I did get an answer about my turn signal conversion kit from Slingmods. Seems like they are having an issue with more than just mine. Slingmods is getting us new harnesses to replace the bad ones. Slingmods sent me an email today.

• I did get an answer about my turn signal conversion kit from Slingmods. Seems like they are having an issue with more than just mine. Slingmods is getting us new harnesses to replace the bad ones. Slingmods sent me an email today.

That's awesome, look forward to seeing the finished product.

• @av8ingtom Yeah this issue did not come up during testing, the reason it didn't come up during testing is because when they did the production run they used a new type of connector and that is the issue. The new ones being sent out will have the original connectors!

Our Collection:
    Rykers: 2019 Ryker 600 | 2019 Ryker 900 Rally
    Spyders: 2017 F3-S | 2018 RT Limited | 2019 F3 Limited
    Slingshots: 2015 Base | 2015 SL | 2016.5 SLE | 2018 SLR

forum-footer-image-2.gif

• @av8ingtom Yeah this issue did not come up during testing, the reason it didn't come up during testing is because when they did the production run they used a new type of connector and that is the issue. The new ones being sent out will have the original connectors!

All we can ask is for it to be replaced and you have been very proactive about the replacement parts. You know how we are about our Mods. We all want the NOW. We all suck at waiting. Thanks Slingmods for taking care of the issue.

• Discovered this morning that one of the LED upgrade lights I bought from @slingmods last spring is out. When I pulled it out to inspect, @V-SHOT and I noticed that the internal fan is way louder and rougher sounding than the other LEDs. Is that an indication that the whole unit failed, or is there potentially another reason that the LED isn't illuminating? Anyone smart with LEDs who might know?

In the meantime, I'm running around with 5 of 6 LEDs on, and it looks dumb. It's gonna drive me bonkers.

Took a ride to Nags Head, NC yesterday and when I got home I noticed that I had 1 LED headlight out as well. The same headlights that went out on your Sling @KayTwo. Left outside headlight is out. No time to diagnose the problem. Will look at tonight and let you know. Purchased my LED headlights from SlingMods also. I think they are 3-4 months old.
    Could be loose electrical connection because mine is not making the loud noise your LED was making.

• Took a ride to Nags Head, NC yesterday and when I got home I noticed that I had 1 LED headlight out as well. The same headlights that went out on your Sling @KayTwo. Left outside headlight is out. No time to diagnose the problem. Will look at tonight and let you know. Purchased my LED headlights from SlingMods also. I think they are 3-4 months old.Could be loose electrical connection because mine is not making the loud noise your LED was making.

Could always be loose electrical, but yours are pretty well wired up and strapped in...I would be surprised. I'm sure @slingmods will be able to help.

• Could always be loose electrical, but yours are pretty well wired up and strapped in...I would be surprised. I'm sure @slingmods will be able to help.

I went by my shop on the way to work this morning to diagnose the headlight failure. Checked all connections, and checked power with multi-meter. I have power to the headlamp, however the fan is not running and the headlight is not working. I will be calling SlingMods this morning. hopefully I can get a replacement part before the weekend, I will need headlights.

• @av8ingtom Ahh if the fan is not working than it would be the ballast. Are you able to take some pictures showing the headlight not working and send it on over as a PM to us? Along with your other info like name, zip code, and order ID if you have it.. This way we can make sure you are taken care of asap!

Our Collection:
    Rykers: 2019 Ryker 600 | 2019 Ryker 900 Rally
    Spyders: 2017 F3-S | 2018 RT Limited | 2019 F3 Limited
    Slingshots: 2015 Base | 2015 SL | 2016.5 SLE | 2018 SLR

forum-footer-image-2.gif

• @av8ingtom Ahh if the fan is not working than it would be the ballast. Are you able to take some pictures showing the headlight not working and send it on over as a PM to us? Along with your other info like name, zip code, and order ID if you have it.. This way we can make sure you are taken care of asap!

I did not take pictures. But I did switch the ballast from the known good side and everything works. It is the ballast. If you need me to take pictures I will, but I will need to go back to my shop where my Sling is. Calling you tomorrow, but need to know if I need to take pictures. Also is it possible to purchase extra ballast just to keep a few for spares? Will PM address tonight. Gave my order ID to someone there today.

• I did not take pictures. But I did switch the ballast from the known good side and everything works. It is the ballast. If you need me to take pictures I will, but I will need to go back to my shop where my Sling is. Calling you tomorrow, but need to know if I need to take pictures. Also is it possible to purchase extra ballast just to keep a few for spares? Will PM address tonight. Gave my order ID to someone there today.

Let the rest of know about that "buying a spare ballast" plan, too. If that's a thing, I may do that.

• Let the rest of know about that "buying a spare ballast" plan, too. If that's a thing, I may do that.

Let the rest of know about that "buying a spare ballast" plan, too. If that's a thing, I may do that.

I spoke to SlingMods today. You cannot purchase the ballast separately thru SlingMods. You can order a set of H3 bulbs and ballast thru SlingMods for $91.00. You will get 2 ballast and 2 bulbs. Do not know when you would ever need to replace and LED bulb, but the ballast seem to be weak link of this LED set. You must call SlingMods as you will not find the bulbs and ballast on their website. Love these LED headlights and hopefully I will not have any other issues.

SlingMods has been very proactive in helping me get a replacement ballast for the one bad one I have now. Really love adding new Mods to my Sling, but I HATE taking the damn things off.

• Resurrecting this thread because I had another *different* LED headlight go out on me. Last one was passenger side outer light, this was the driver side outer light. @slingmods responded like a champ, got TricLED to send me a replacement. So here's where it gets gnarly. I replaced the light, and then tested it for proper function. All good. Literally 2 minutes later, I turned the machine on again, energizing the lights. I heard a loud *CLICK*, and both the driver's side outer light and passenger's side outer light are now blown. I replaced the passenger side back in Feb/Mar timeframe, of course, so both these lights are replacements, and wired into the original wiring, so I doubt the wiring is the issue.

Has anyone else experienced this? Between the halos I'm having issues with and these headlights, I'm getting pretty tired of TricLED shit failing on me. Are there other manufacturers out there that are any better? @av8ingtom, I know you replaced and added a bunch of lights in MV, not sure if that included lights/halos. Who did that work for you?

Happy to take any suggestions that might be out there, but I'm not real sure I want to get a pair of replacement headlights (not to mention halos) from @slingmods and try again, because if they blow on me again, I'm likely to pump about 6-7 rounds from the .45 into the engine block and walk away. I'm a little cranky.