Factory Sway Bar Upgrade

• hang on i will tell you what i got....brb :)

i used the 9.5165r..and it did not fit..so i got one a big larger...this one....and it is the pict above i posted..also to small...i dont think it compresses that much..?

You have stock or aftermarket sway bar?

RNJ12

• Stock uses 1.25" ID bushings.

No idea if the larger ID works with the aftermarket sway bar. @rydahog what brand sway bar did you buy? I wouldn't go to all this trouble to upgrade your sway bar and then reuse the crappy hard plastic POS bushing. Besides it sounds like it wouldn't work if yours is in fact larger (OD) than the stock bar.

Regardless remember to add the supplied grease to the bushing before tightening.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• I did a quick search and the part number on that - 9.5164 - that is for a 1 1/8" bar, the stock bar is 1 1/4" the same as all of the aftermarket bars. The part number is 9.5165 which will be for the 1 1/4" bar. If you put an "R" at the end they will be red, if you put a "G" at the end the bushings will be black.

Hope that helps,
    Dave

• I did a quick search and the part number on that - 9.5164 - that is for a 1 1/8" bar, the stock bar is 1 1/4" the same as all of the aftermarket bars. The part number is 9.5165 which will be for the 1 1/4" bar. If you put an "R" at the end they will be red, if you put a "G" at the end the bushings will be black.

Hope that helps,
    Dave

@Dave@DDMWorks thank you. Was not sure if all the aftermarket versions were the same OD with thicker walls.

Proud supporter of S.O.G.

(Slingshot Owners Group)

:thumbsup:

Owner/operator: MeanSling LLC :thumbsup:

• as soon as i can i will make a video and post here..its hard to get my situation shown ..all i can say is this,,i have the STOCK SWAY BAR...i used the original posted bushing in red...it had a large GAP..when i tried to install....then i went back and exchanged it for next size up..and same thing,,a gap..that would not let busing close up...but a bit less then first....so then i stopped and kept the OEM one...:)