Summit Point, WV Track Day (Sun, Apr 24th 2016, 8:00am - 8:00pm)

Date

Summit Point, WV Track Day

Sun, Apr 24th 2016, 8:00 am - 8:00 pm

Summit Point Motorsports Park 201 Motorsports Park Circle Summit Point, WV 25446

Participants

3 participants, 0 undecided and 0 do not participate

Closing Date: Apr 24th 2016, 8:00 am
  • Track Day Weather Watch

As of right now weather forecast is calling for some AM rain Saturday morning, with the sun coming out and drying things up Saturday afternoon. Sunday has a 0% chance of rain with highs in the low 70s. Should make for a perfect Track Day Event!!!

• Track Day Weather Watch

As of right now weather forecast is calling for some AM rain Saturday morning, with the sun coming out and drying things up Saturday afternoon. Sunday has a 0% chance of rain with highs in the low 70s. Should make for a perfect Track Day Event!!!

If the track has as many curves as the weather lady - it will be a blast

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• OK since I have to work most of the day tomorrow and can't get out of here before maybe 2ish
    I spent most of last night and every moment I could sneak away today to get ready.

Gave the SS the once over earlier in the week and took a shake down cruise to Peaks of Otter on Monday

SS Cleaned and ready ..............Check
    Trailer cleaned and packed .......Check
    Started to wash the truck but its raining.
    Truck packed,
    Generator..................... Check
    Compressor ...................Check
    Assorted Air tools ............Check

Will hook up and load the SS in the trailer when I can get an extra pair of eyes to help guide me in.

Will be at Aloft tomorrow night!

Looking very much forward to this - see you guys there

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Yuck! You have to work tomorrow?? Sounds like you are pretty much good. Make sure you don't forget your required gear for the track... Full face helmet, gloves, etc. I can't think of anything else.

• Okay. I'm a bit tired from the day, and have had a few drinks but let's see what I can do for inquiring minds.

Ready, Set, Trip Report!

April 24, Summit Point, Shenandoah track. 2.2 miles, 22 turns (I think). It was a lot of turns. Most of them blind.

At least a dozen slings. At least, a dozen Invaders. Nice track. Very challenging.

First session, 2 invaders wrecked (nobody hurt) after maybe two or three laps. Didn't see the wreck, but saw both of them off on the grass, and definitely saw a sorry looking rig in the parking area. I heard from somebody who heard from somebody who heard that one of the drivers was the owner of Tanom. Bad day on a $60k vehicle, I would guess. Looked like body panels only, but what do I know. Red flags, and I pitted following dharmab, the wrong way. No harm done, but I did get a word about it. A bunch of us missed a checkered flag (end of session) and got a word about that too, but they were cool.

On the 1st session, I would guess 5 Invaders tracked. After that, they were all re-torquing their real axle nut. Never saw more than two or three of them track after.

It may be that the Velocity Channel (which I never watch) was there. They also seemed to be doing a PR vid for Tanom. Mildly annoying how they blocked my movements, but whatever. Polaris needs to pay more attention to our crew. We are bad-ass.

Very well managed by Motorcycle Xtreme. They let us loose in small batches so that we didn't clump up. Fun track, my first time. Everyone passed me (except for Tango on his first session). Slowest of the group, the other Slings passed me on the straights safely and politely. I had one pass by @Cameron Roberts that was not up to my standards, but positive that was my fault. Sorry dude. Hard time watching the road and the mirrors and my knuckles. Probably 1/2 my time, I was tracking with no one behind, no one ahead. Happiness. I was almost ready to engage cruise control, as is how I normally ride,... but didn't.

One turn was called the Karussel. Not too sharp, the the middle lane is at a 45 degree angle. Had no idea what was going on until I spoke to someone else, maybe Jdin. I nailed it (to my standards) every time after. Really fun.

I think my top speed was near 100. @Jdin told me he got up to 120 in his n/a rig. I had no ability to look much at the speedometer. Having my brother co-pilot helped with extra eyes, but he went shutterbug after the 2nd session. Easier with a co-pilot for me in unfamiliar territory and not much time to make decisions.

Everything in 2nd and 3rd gear.

Not happy with my tires this time. Sessions were 15 minutes, and my tires never warmed up. Somebody, not sure who, had me touch their tires and they were almost hot. Mine were merely bath water warm. Oh, well. My rear tire lasted 12 or 13k miles and they are good in the rain. Pick your poison. May troll the forums for base rims on the cheap and mount track only tires on 'em. We'll see.

Perfect weather.

Had the usual problem of not only remembering names, but also putting given names to forum handles. Kudos to Cameron in this regard.

Saw @Tango and @Turbosling, both way cool dudes. Touched the V8, heard the V8. Way cool. Sorry how that turned out, but not my place to speak to that, and it was after I left.

Seeing dharmab in a lid was worth the outing. Wassup buddy! He was also outstanding giving me short tips that really made a difference in the following session.

Drones were in the air, and there are always more shutterbugs than I notice. I expect this thread to blossom with visual delights.

Not my place to do so, but it is what I do. So, here are the Big E awards for the outing.

Most evil award: Definitely TheRock. Just getting ready for a session, he accused me of being in his sling. My brain was in the zone and was imagining the turns, and he popped my brain. I can slack him for that, as that is my kind of humor.

Most cool dude award: Henry ( Turbosling). What a nice guy! Flew in from MN just to see the V8 get all necessary TLC.

Most irritating dude award: The owner of Tanom. Tried to start up a conversation. He saw that I was a sling owner, and wanted to have nothing to do with me.

Most kind person award: Tie. @3rdwheel and Jdin. Brought me full face helmets just in case. Thanks dudes!

Most diplomatic award: dharmab. He tracked in a 1/2 lid and a T-shirt and fingerless gloves. Not supposed to...

Most forgetful award: Me. I knew Dharma was going to try a 1/2 lid, yet I forgot to pack mine.

Most forgiven for not posting: WraithSS. Travel safe dude.

Least forgiven for not posting: DocG. But, bath day is bath day.

Top honors: TheRock. You put it together. 'Nuf said.

If anyone feels slighted by not getting an award, let's get together for a ride. I'll think of something silly, and be mindful that my awards have no cash value.

Great day! Go Team! Perhaps we need a name and some colors.

-e