V-SHOT'S TRAILER REVIEW

• @ConnMan
    I am using a closed trailer and do use it to store the SS during the winter.
    The ability to carry tools spare parts / tires and all the crap my wife needs on a trip - it pays for itself.
    Because the SS is so light you do not need a high end closed trailer and there are plenty of used ones out there.
    I finished the inside of mine for a few hundred dollars, plywood paint and some home depot cabinets

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• It's all a matter of preference, but ask yourself one question......what type of cover do you have on the Sling when you are actually driving it?? None, of course

Oh absolutely I get this brother! I've never towed any of my boats with the covers on them. And if I tow my SS to the dealer, or an hour or two from me, I won't use the cover for the reasons you outlined. I'm just thinking, if I tow 13 hours down to Charlotte to see my daughter, I'm thinking I'll cover it for the long haul. Or, maybe I won't. It's just that if I get stuck in real crappy weather, the Slingshot would be a mess!! Without a cover on it for a 5 or 6 hour leg in nasty weather on the highway, would add up to hours of work for me that could be avoided with the cover.

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

Edited once, last by ConnMan ().

• @ConnMan, your thoughts on hauling in crappy weather is right on!! I didn't have a cover the first year - ugh! It helps keep down all the stares, photo ops, etc - like we don't get enough of those. :) My cover is used daily - keeps out 4 legged animals, bird poop, tree sap, leaves, acorns, hickory nuts, etc.

• Oh absolutely I get this brother! I've never towed any of my boats with the covers on them. And if I tow my SS to the dealer, or an hour or two from me, I won't use the cover for the reasons you outlined. I'm just thinking, if I tow 13 hours down to Charlotte to see my daughter, I'm thinking I'll cover it for the long haul. Or, maybe I won't. It's just that if I get stuck in real crappy weather, the Slingshot would be a mess!! Without a cover on it for a 5 or 6 hour leg in nasty weather on the highway, would add up to hours of work for me that could be avoided with the cover.

Totally agree...BUT...We just decided to tow the Sling 17-hours to Florida recently for that same reason. We wanted to see how it faired. The trip down was uneventful and sunny all the way. Coming back was a different story. Rain, for more than 4-hours. Guess what? The Sling survived the onslaught of driving rain, and proved to be very water-tight! The PRP seat bore the brunt of the rain, but dried out completely in two days with the help of two small fans placed in the floorboard. The vented hood cover didn't seem to effect anything in the engine compartment. Even the Madstad Stinger Top faired well...at towing speeds of up to 90 MPH...(Don't judge).
    All in all, if I had to do it over again, I would have gone for an enclosed trailer, like the Sling Cave. But more money spent on trailer, means less money on mods. And as we all know, I have to feed the BEAST!!!!!

• Totally agree...BUT...We just decided to tow the Sling 17-hours to Florida recently for that same reason. We wanted to see how it faired. The trip down was uneventful and sunny all the way. Coming back was a different story. Rain, for more than 4-hours. Guess what? The Sling survived the onslaught of driving rain, and proved to be very water-tight! The PRP seat bore the brunt of the rain, but dried out completely in two days with the help of two small fans placed in the floorboard. The vented hood cover didn't seem to effect anything in the engine compartment. Even the Madstad Stinger Top faired well...at towing speeds of up to 90 MPH...(Don't judge).All in all, if I had to do it over again, I would have gone for an enclosed trailer, like the Sling Cave. But more money spent on trailer, means less money on mods. And as we all know, I have to feed the BEAST!!!!!

Good points again - I'm having so much fun the $$$ don't matter anymore - hoping I can plan it to where my very last check bounces

:00008172::00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Oh absolutely I get this brother! I've never towed any of my boats with the covers on them. And if I tow my SS to the dealer, or an hour or two from me, I won't use the cover for the reasons you outlined. I'm just thinking, if I tow 13 hours down to Charlotte to see my daughter, I'm thinking I'll cover it for the long haul. Or, maybe I won't. It's just that if I get stuck in real crappy weather, the Slingshot would be a mess!! Without a cover on it for a 5 or 6 hour leg in nasty weather on the highway, would add up to hours of work for me that could be avoided with the cover.

Connman, just take Jay with you, tow with it uncovered and leave a day early. Give him a few beers and he'll detail it for you when you arrive. Judging by how his shines, you'll have the cleanest s/s on the East Coast

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Glad to see it finally found a good home!!!!!! @av8ingtom stopped by to show it to me. I LOVE the extra 2-Feet!!!! Great looking and functional trailer. Just let me know when we are going to start on the lash points. I'm already there!!!! (Nice title for a song!!) :thumbsup::thumbsup:

• My new trailer has finally arrived. Picked it up today. Still need to install lash points for the Sling. Same manufacturer as @V-SHOT trailer.

About damn time! Same general idea, just bigger, or is it a whole different design?

Just let me know when we are going to start on the lash points.

I'm a big fan of lash points..... muahahahaha....