V-SHOT'S TRAILER REVIEW

• :00008356: My wife would surely choke me with the same fluffy bath towel!!! Having that extra storage space by hauling the Sling with the truck was a key concern. With so much extra storage, we were tempted to ask the folks at the Hotel if we could purchase these chairs we saw in their Lobby. Hmmmm!?!?! :00008172:

Wow , Don't let @rabtechsee those chairs ! He may need those to replace his favorite set at home .

• @V-SHOT

My trailer is still not fixed. Just left the trailer dealer, and it is not repaired. 21 days since trailer has arrived and it is not ready. If it is not ready on Monday I am going to ask for a complete new trailer. I understand s_ _t happens, but it is getting old now. Have replaced the brake axle assembly 3 times. The problem is electrical not mechanical and I think I finally convinced them today. They also installed the axle in backwards. The right brake drum assembly was on the left side-- backing plate clearly say's RIGHT SIDE AND LEFT SIDE. They are removing the axle and reinstalling it the correct way, then they will check the electrical system.

• @V-SHOT

My trailer is still not fixed. Just left the trailer dealer, and it is not repaired. 21 days since trailer has arrived and it is not ready. If it is not ready on Monday I am going to ask for a complete new trailer. I understand s_ _t happens, but it is getting old now. Have replaced the brake axle assembly 3 times. The problem is electrical not mechanical and I think I finally convinced them today. They also installed the axle in backwards. The right brake drum assembly was on the left side-- backing plate clearly say's RIGHT SIDE AND LEFT SIDE. They are removing the axle and reinstalling it the correct way, then they will check the electrical system.

That's insane, man. Sucks they're having so many issues with yours when John's was pretty quick & easy. Wonder which experience is the anomaly?

• @av8ingtom
    I'll give it to you, you have better patience than I. I would have demanded a full refund upon delivery. This is what I was talking about when I first started this thread about finding, what I thought, was a good deal on a trailer. As mine has performed flawlessly, yours, on the other hand, has had a few glitches in manufacturing and/or design. Those on the forum don't know the friendship you and I share and probably don't understand how this misfortune affects me. Were it not for me, you wouldn't be having all of these problems. I know you went into this venture on your own, but I feel very responsible for your misfortunes. I can only assure you the conversation Kevin and I will have on Monday morning will reflect this. Again, I apologize for all the problems you are having with your trailer. If it is of any consolation, you should already know that you have free reign over borrowing my trailer any time you need or want it. Right now, it is sitting at @KayTwo. He was kind enough to loan me a few inches of storage.
    For those here on the forum on the fence about this "good deal on a trailer", please take heed. I won't go as far as to say there is a 50/50 chance of getting a handful of problems with your purchase...but I WILL go as far as to say...as a forum participant, I would feel much better if no one from this site purchased this particular trailer.

• I no way do I feel that any of this is of your doing. I made the decision to go with this trailer because this is the third trailer I have purchased from them. This is the first time I have had any issues. What I found out today is KEvin has two trailer technicians that I would not let work on my grandsons little tykes lawnmower. They were convinced it was a mechanical issue with the ELECTRIC brakes. I have alway told them it was an electrical issue, and they do not even have a multi meter to measure voltage. They were using a test light. After talking to the technicians today I think I convinced them it was an electrical issue. After they remove the axle and turn it around do the right side is on the right side, and left on the left they will check voltage. They have to go purchase a multi meter. I showed them the printout of the codes I was getting from my truck when I hooked up to the trailer.

This decision was mine all the way, and I should have just took the damn trailer and fixed it myself, but it is new trailer and I did not want to take it off of their lot. Just hope I have it for SSITS.

Come to think of it I think you have my trailer. I need to check the VIN numbers. They probably screwed that up too. Thanks for doing my tag and title work I really appreciate it.

:00008172::00008084::00008172:

• I have the info for those interested. A simple PM to me and I will put you in contact with the Dealer. I don't want to sound callous, but, I assume not responsibility for your decision. I just thought this was a good deal and wanted to share MY experiences with the group. If you choose to go into this deal, you do so on your own. This is not an endorsement of any sort. Contact the dealer, ask all the questions that you want answered, then make your decision. If you have any doubts, don't move forward.
    The Dealer is located in Virginia Beach, VA.

That somehow sounded strangely lawyeristic there @V-SHOT - ya fixing to hang a shingle :00008356:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I have a question for you guys with the open trailers. Sorry, if this is in the wrong section, I just haven't seen it anywhere. Do you guys tow with a cover on the SS? I've been a snowmobiler for 40 years. Before I got my first enclosed trailer, I would wrap my sleds with blankets, then put the covers on. This would keep the flapping of the cover making dull marks in the paint and windshields. Once you get those scuffs, they don't rub out, not easily anyway. I've seen some extreme cases where the flapping smacked the decals so hard, they chipped off. I'm wondering what most of you do. I have the Polaris trailer cover. I leave it at the lake so I can cover it up there since there's no garage. Terry wants me to go the enclosed route. But like what always happens, by the time I build it on paper and load it up with options, it's a huge expense. A ton of money for something I may use a couple times a year. She said it would serve as the garage for it at the lake, so with that thinking, it's got me back to considering it anyway. Hey long post and I apologize. Last question......... Has anyone got those wicked nasty scuff marks from towing with a cover??

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

• I have a question for you guys with the open trailers. Sorry, if this is in the wrong section, I just haven't seen it anywhere. Do you guys tow with a cover on the SS? I've been a snowmobiler for 40 years. Before I got my first enclosed trailer, I would wrap my sleds with blankets, then put the covers on. This would keep the flapping of the cover making dull marks in the paint and windshields. Once you get those scuffs, they don't rub out, not easily anyway. I've seen some extreme cases where the flapping smacked the decals so hard, they chipped off. I'm wondering what most of you do. I have the Polaris trailer cover. I leave it at the lake so I can cover it up there since there's no garage. Terry wants me to go the enclosed route. But like what always happens, by the time I build it on paper and load it up with options, it's a huge expense. A ton of money for something I may use a couple times a year. She said it would serve as the garage for it at the lake, so with that thinking, it's got me back to considering it anyway. Hey long post and I apologize. Last question......... Has anyone got those wicked nasty scuff marks from towing with a cover??

I have the Polaris cover for trailering. While it is not cheap, $449 I think, it is top quality. It has a soft inner lining and I have traveled all over the country with this cover on my precious paint job with NO issues. It straps down very tightly with no "flapping" at highway speeds. This cover combined with a rock guard on the front of my ALUMA trailer - I am more than satisfied with that setup. The cover is well worth the cost IMO.

@adventure4me, I know you tow with the cover, but you have the heavy-duty fitted cover, don't you? How's that working out for you?

• @adventure4me, I know you tow with the cover, but you have the heavy-duty fitted cover, don't you? How's that working out for you

I do have the heavy duty cover and I love it. Only issue was rubbing from corners of F4+3. I don't have scuff marks, and I don't think I get mine tight all the way due to the location of the trailer tiedowns. I use the cover daily in RV parks.

• This cover combined with a rock guard on the front of my ALUMA trailer - I am more than satisfied with that setup.

I just liked my own post by mistake!! Lol!!
    Thanks Anita, I meant to ask you that question when we met at SSITA.
    I'm also looking at the Aluma's as well. I've seen pics of the one you have Bill, wicked nice!! I'm considering the single axle version, but it's not a tilt, and I'd have to buy a third ramp and carry it in my truck. All that is ok though. I went to the dealer, and we lined up the SS with the ramps, and no issues with clearance for loading. I love the dual axles for towing, they are just hard to move around by hand. This trailer will double as my ATV trailer as well. Aluma makes a trailer specific for the Slingshot. 3 ramps that stow underneath, and tilts as well. Sweet set up, but with the "Slingshot Preferred Package", it runs close to 7K. I can save just shy of 2K on the one I previously mentioned.
    I often wondered about the lining on the cover, if that would be enough to prevent the scuffing. Glad to hear it works.

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

• @ConnMan, I know this may sound silly, but hear me out for a second. I have an open trailer right now. I used to have an enclosed trailer as well. It's all a matter of preference, but ask yourself one question......what type of cover do you have on the Sling when you are actually driving it?? None, of course. And to some, that might be an asinine question. But if you think about it, you are offered more protection to the front of your Sling when it is being towed than it would be on the open road. Add in the fact that you can add a rock guard to the front of your trailer (if you want), you are given even more protection.
    Basically, what I am saying in a nutshell, I have owned and operated a number of trailers, both open and enclosed. To date, I have never used a cover on any vehicle being towed on the open trailer. Maybe I have just been lucky and not caught a flying rock in the windshield while towing the Sling...but what protection would I have from that same rock if I were driving the Sling?
    Just in my opinion, I can better use the $499 for the trailer cover on mods and bling, than to spend a few hours trying to buff out scuff marks from said trailer cover! This is just my opinion.

• @V-SHOT is correct but it is an added bonus to be able to use the cover when you get to your destination and unload. The trailering cover is FAR superior than the $250 dust cover. With the rock guard on mine chances are I would never have a rock hop over it but in my case it is added protection and I would rather be safe than sorry!