Not a Sunday Funday!

• @MACAWS I just got off the phone with Dave a bit ago and he talked about the controller he is working on and testing with the "Stooges" sounded like a good idea so I believe I am going that route also. Maybe I could be the 4th stooge Shemp?

We would be honored to have you join us.
    You have passed the pledging portion. As soon as you are up and running we will have to get you lettered up just as below

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I am sorry to see this happen to you, but I want to thank you for posting about it and using it as a teaching tool for some of us less mechanically - minded folks.

Hopefully Santa and Dave will be good to you and you'll be up and (out)running again soon.

• I am sorry to see this happen to you, but I want to thank you for posting about it and using it as a teaching tool for some of us less mechanically - minded folks.

Hopefully Santa and Dave will be good to you and you'll be up and (out)running again soon.

I must admit posting was a bit hard to do as I don't want to look like a dumb ass (or a Shemp) I am ignorant to the world of boost and have only dabbled in upgraded naturally aspirated. This was an expensive lesson for me that I really can't afford right know, but everyone one here has been so non-judgmental and willing to share information, it made it very easy to admit I was an naive dumbass and blew the motor. My hope is that I can save someone else the same trouble and hopefully save them from injury. I was lucky and running on a straight stretch of US41 in the middle of the Everglades and not on a mountain hairpin.

• I for one appreciate your candor in your trying times with this situation, and for the others responses about turbo and boost.

I DID learn something - so your lesson learned was received for sure.

Thank you.

Boating with the dolphins, US Navy '76-'84

• I must admit posting was a bit hard to do as I don't want to look like a dumb ass (or a Shemp) I am ignorant to the world of boost and have only dabbled in upgraded naturally aspirated. This was an expensive lesson for me that I really can't afford right know, but everyone one here has been so non-judgmental and willing to share information, it made it very easy to admit I was an naive dumbass and blew the motor. My hope is that I can save someone else the same trouble and hopefully save them from injury. I was lucky and running on a straight stretch of US41 in the middle of the Everglades and not on a mountain hairpin.

It's hard to be judgmental when people have made other costly mistakes, and understand where you are coming from. Apparently cookies and beer are good motivators to get people to tell their embarrassing tales. Or just ask @MACAWS's better half. :rolleyes:

At least you are okay, have your good looks, and have potentially saved someone else from being seriously injured. Not much solace, perhaps, but true.

• I must admit posting was a bit hard to do as I don't want to look like a dumb ass (or a Shemp) I am ignorant to the world of boost and have only dabbled in upgraded naturally aspirated. This was an expensive lesson for me that I really can't afford right know, but everyone one here has been so non-judgmental and willing to share information, it made it very easy to admit I was an naive dumbass and blew the motor. My hope is that I can save someone else the same trouble and hopefully save them from injury. I was lucky and running on a straight stretch of US41 in the middle of the Everglades and not on a mountain hairpin.

@Street Doc don't feel that way. It's all apart of the learning curve and unfortunately an expensive one. This boosted world is new to me as well and I'm glad I keep active on the forums. This has taught me something I didn't know as well in regards to low rpm/high load. Looks like I will be downshifting more often when I want to get on it.