Anyone experience this odd happening?

• I've had radio issues since day one on my 2015 SL with the factory radio. When playing tunes on a strong station, the sound would stop for a brief moment and then continue playing. Not anything like a loss of power and rebooting, but all sounds from all speakers would cut out. It would also do a similar thing if playing tunes from a memory stick. I'm now on the 5th radio and that problem has finally been corrected. The dealer was even surprised to see two of his demo sl's having this same problem. Anyway, the new issue that has appeared with the latest radio is odd. If playing music from a memory stick, and you have to hit the horn for more than a brief moment, the radio goes silent. It does not do this if listening to a broadcast radio station. I've tried 6 other slingshots (even a new SLR) and mine is the only one doing this. I'm not too interested in another radio swap as it finally works normally, but this does seem odd as to why it does it from a stick but not from a radio station. Any others have this happen or any thoughts as to why? My selleing dealer has no history of the problem and Polaris hasn't responded to an ASK case.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Got my inside headlights wired separate on a switch. My nano pod drops out if I flip the headlights on. Not too concerned, figure the relay is cutting out due to a power feed drop, kinda like hitting the start switch and everything dropping power....

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Ya Phil, I think there probably is a lot of strange things like yours. Although not an identical problem, my issue has been connectivity from Pandora on my phone, to the stock radio through the USB cable. Sometimes, it just doesn't connect. Other times, it's fine until I hit the horn, then it drops it again. When I lose the connection, it's tough to get it back. Very frustrating at times. However, if I use the Blue Tooth connection to the radio, it's fine. I just like using it through the USB cable because it charges the phone as well.

Never trust a ConnMan!!
    (Man I love that line!)
    :00007555:

• I'm sure it's probably my fault because Kim's phone doesn't do this ...
    If someone calls my phone while we are in the Sling the tunes quit and I can't answer my phone. As soon as it quits ringing everything is fine again. :00008862:

• I'm sure it's probably my fault because Kim's phone doesn't do this ...
    If someone calls my phone while we are in the Sling the tunes quit and I can't answer my phone. As soon as it quits ringing everything is fine again. :00008862:

If you are using Bluetooth to connect the infotainment system, when you receive an incoming call, your phone is trying to direct the call thru the infotainment system and cuts off whatever audio you were listening to. Since the Slingshot's infotainment system lacks a microphone, you can't respond to thje phone call an d once the caller disconnects, the previous audio is restored.

• If you are using Bluetooth to connect the infotainment system, when you receive an incoming call, your phone is trying to direct the call thru the infotainment system and cuts off whatever audio you were listening to. Since the Slingshot's infotainment system lacks a microphone, you can't respond to thje phone call an d once the caller disconnects, the previous audio is restored.

Hmm so why does my phone do this and her's does not ? We have never listened to music through my phone we always use hers.

• To be honest, I'm not sure. If you use her phone to listen to music, is your phone even connected? If it is connected, just disconnect it since there's no real reason for it to be connected. Are both phones the same make and model? If so, that would make the situation even weirder! Does her phone allow you to answer a call when connected to the infotainment system? Just wondering about the different factors that could be at play here.

• I'll have to do a little experimenting and get back with you @BKL .I think I just need to change something in my phone setup where it won't allow bluetooth connection. It should be pretty simple now that I think about it I just never took the time. :thumbsup:

• You should be able to break or forget the connection either on your phone or via the infotainment menu.
    Does the audio cutoff when someone calls your Wife's phone?

If it does, please don't tell Kim about your wife! :D

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014