Control all your 12v Accessories from your SmartPhone - Awesome Sauce!

• 12 Volt SmartPhone Controlled Power Distribution for the Slingshot from SlingMods
    We have teamed up with the brainiacs over at Arboreal Systems to bring you guys the coolest electrical mod for the Slingshot to date! As we all know the Slingshot battery is in the rear of the vehicle.. and our normal accessory fuse block has been a top mod for us because it allowed us to distribute and run circuits independently in the front of the vehicle to power aftermarket 12 volt accessories.

The Neutrino Black Box takes this concept and puts it miles ahead of the competition. You can control all circuits from your Android or Apple based smartphone via the free app. It shows you MPH, Compass, Battery Voltage, Altitude, Ambient Temperature, Current Draw per circuit, Total Current Draw on the block, etc. and allows you to control each 12 volt accessory with the push of a button on your smartphone. You can even name each circuit to whatever you'd like to call it.

You can control each circuit with automation. For instance.. you can tell your heated seats to go to 10% power if the ambient temp dips below 60 degrees automatically and to increase if the temp keeps dropping.

You can tell your halos to turn on to 30% power 15 min before the sun sets.

You can tell your underglow's to illuminate with the push of the brake pedal with a trigger wire on the relay input.

There are no fuses to worry about if you overload a circuit. This distribution box features on board breakers.. that can simply be reset with the push of a button via your smartphone.

We've created code: BLACKBOX50 for $50 OFF this mod until the end of September!

More info here >>> Smartphone Controlled Power Distribution Box for the Polaris Slingshot

Our Collection:
    Rykers: 2019 Ryker 600 | 2019 Ryker 900 Rally
    Spyders: 2017 F3-S | 2018 RT Limited | 2019 F3 Limited
    Slingshots: 2015 Base | 2015 SL | 2016.5 SLE | 2018 SLR

forum-footer-image-2.gif

• If there are multiple drivers (and cell phones) for a single Slingshot, I suspect each person would need to have the app configured on the separate phones - correct?

Will the iPhone support multiple Bluetooth connections such as the radio and this device at the same time?

• If there are multiple drivers (and cell phones) for a single Slingshot, I suspect each person would need to have the app configured on the separate phones - correct?

Will the iPhone support multiple Bluetooth connections such as the radio and this device at the same time?

The app would need to be installed on both phones to control the devices on that particular Slingshot. Though you can have the app installed on as many devices as you want, you can only connect 1 device at a time to the block.

Our Collection:

forum-footer-image-2.gif

• My android allows me to play pandora through my Clarion via Bluetooth and control this device via Bluetooth at the same time.. I'm not 100% sure that iphone allows that as well. That's a great question.

Our Collection:

forum-footer-image-2.gif

• So, I asked Siri and it pointed to an article that says

"Apple actually states that Bluetooth can support up to 7 simultaneously connected devices, but that 3 or 4 is a practical limit. You can read more about it here."

Would be interested if someone has tested it.

• My iPhone connects to the slingshot radio so i can play music from it through the radio. At the same time it connects via Bluetooth to my helmet.

So yes, it shouldn't be a problem with the iPhone.

Boating with the dolphins, US Navy '76-'84

• A little bit more info on this beast.

Installation is a snap. Power, Ground and Remote Signal Wire. The response time on the connectivity is very quick.. almost instantaneous. This product uses pulse width modulation.. meaning it basically has dimmer features per circuit. So you can actually slide an icon to dim your halos or splitter lights and if you had seat heaters for instance you can put them at 10% rather than the normal on/off scenario that may be too hot or not hot enough.

It shows you max current load on all circuits combined.. you'll be surprised at the metrics. Halo's for instance pull under 1 amp for a set of 4. What i also thought was very useful was the MPH reading on the home screen. My steering wheel completely blocks the speedo and it's nice to have the mph gauge on the app so i can see how fast i'm going without having to strain by neck. I have my phone mounted to the center windshield post for easy viewing.

I know some guys will be using this product to show off their lighting at shows or meets.. this product has a built in global shut down voltage for all circuits so that you don't kill your battery. It provides piece of mind, so that you know you can run those circuits without having to worry about if the Slingshot will start or not after your light show. Say for instance you're at a meet and need to charge your cell phone on circuit 6.. but only want to charge for 3 hours. You can do that.

It uses your phones GPS signal, so if you have your halos set to turn on 30 min before sunset.. the sunset time will automatically adjust as you move across the country depending on your coordinates... so it's always accurate.

It comes with an ambient temperature probe that can be used to trigger events. I recommend putting that in the drivers side foot well area and not in the engine bay so that the temp isn't skewed.

You have the option to add a USB Y Cable Extension Wire so that you can charge your cell phone directly from the unit.

It has a Battery Tender lead right on the unit that gives you straight shot charging power to the + terminal on the battery so you can quickly charge your Slingshot battery from the engine bay.

No more fuses to deal with. If you overload a circuit or accidentally short it out it trips the onboard breaker relay for that circuit. The app will let you know you tripped that circuit. You can simply reset the circuit from the phone app. No fuses to replace. If you do trip a circuit.. be sure to check for shorts or allocate more current to that device inside the app, so that it doesn't trip again. You can adjust the amount of current you allocate to each circuit inside the app. The box will allow you to pull up to 60 amps of current across all circuits.. which is alot. 2x our current FZ-1 Fuseblock.

I've been doing home automation for 10 years and this is mind blowing technology for the size of the product and speed and accuracy at which it operates.

The absolutely best thing about this product is that's it's firmware based.. so when Neutrino launches new app features.. you'll simply download the app update and you'll get all the new goodies. This keeps the product relevant without having to buy new hardware. Love that!

Our Collection:

forum-footer-image-2.gif

• I am intrigued and have some additional questions.

Regarding the Neutrino installation harness - when would this be needed and how does it install? It is an option on the web page - just not clear if I need it or not.

I currently have the Aux fuse box installed.

I assume the fuse box goes away - or can remain?

If fuse box goes away, can the power to the fuse box be used as power to the Black box?

Or, does the black box have a higher amp input requirement? Does it require a separate power wire from the battery?

Can we connect the Flosser air horn to the black box?

Can we connect the headlights to the black box and use it to switch headlights on - off?

Sorry - but thanks for the responses.

• The neutrino box has the potential to support up to 60 amps. Our current FZ-1 block only supports 30 amps. The installation harnesses are actually identical with the exception of an increase in the wire gauge for the positive lead to support the higher current thresholds. You can absolutely run the old accessory box and the new one side by side if you'd like too, but they'd need independent installation harnesses for both power and ground.

I'm not sure i'd use this to power a horn as the intent of the box is to control things you'd use your phone to control. There is a relay input on the box that allows you to trigger events on either Ground, 12v or Float. You could technically run your horn wires to the relay input and when the relay gets a ground signal from the horn being pressed send power to circuit #2 which would power your horns.. but i wouldn't recommend that for safety reasons. You could absolutely use this for headlights. Circuit #2 supports up to 20amps and allows for startup spikes for things like HID's that have an initial spike in current and than drop to normal current levels. You could also run two circuits in parallel if you needed to support higher current loads to power one device.

The ios and android platforms are very similar but slightly different. New features are tested on ios first and than launched on android. We're currently working on being able to connect to more than one box so if you did happen to need two you'd simply swipe your home screen to connect to the 2nd box to control those devices.

Our Collection:

forum-footer-image-2.gif

• Question.
    If your out of town and you loose your phone (lost or stolen). How may I manually over ride to utilize the 6 functions without a phone?

Hello nipper, this is a software driven product with no manual control. If you were to lose you phone.. you'd need to have a significant other or friend download the app on your behalf and connect via bluetooth to your module until you got your new smartphone.

The configuration files are stored on the device not the phone. So if you had extensive customization done with your 12v accessories your new phone would automatically get that configuration file once connected.

All the circuits can be customized to ignition only, speed settings, temperature settings, voltage settings, brightness levels, etc. If you were to lose your phone the black box will still perform those as they've been programmed.. you just won't be able to manually turn on/off at will until you connect with your new device.

Please let me know if you have further questions. We're here to answer them!

Our Collection:

forum-footer-image-2.gif

Edited 7 times, last by slingmods ().