• Yeah, ask that. Make my blood boil again. Pretty sure there is more to this story, just not sure I care any more. Just want a day without being on a vehicle down order.

• Ball joint replaced (upper) on the left hand side in about 40 minutes. Talked with mechanic who told me the lower ball joints are a "one time pressed in" thus why if you have a bad lower ball joint, the entire arm had to be offeredl ordered with a new ball joint already pressed in.

Also, my squeaking on the right hand side was determined to be the stock muffler. He wasn't sure what to do about it so a West Virginia ride is definitely in order.

Still no joy on a radio fix or my left hand turn signal and my parking brake handle replacement was inadvertently not ordered.

Yeah, they decided I don't need needle bearings. They forgot that I needed and had needle bearings and gave them up to you for your ride to see your momma.

WV here we come for sure. Trust is a big deal to me.

• OK, so I am wondering. If someone wants to Powder Coat their control arms, can ya take out the ball joints and reuse them or install new ones?? If u have to gt a new control arm they are already installed.. HMMMM

• Dave at DDMWorks states the lower ball joints can be replaced. Stated there is tool in the manual however, he said they made their own tool.

I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.

• BALL JOINT SERVICE

Ball Joint Service Preparation

NOTE: Do not reuse a ball joint if it has been
    removed from the steering knuckle. If removed, it
    must be replaced. Use this ball joint removal
    procedure only when replacing the ball joint.

NOTE: Ball joint tool PU-50506 will allow the upper
    and lower ball joints to be replaced with the A-arm
    installed on the vehicle.

1. With the vehicle parked on a level surface, lift the
    vehicle so the suspension is fully extended and
    wheels off the ground.
    2. Remove the appropriate front wheel.
    3. If necessary, apply heat to the steering knuckle
    around the ball joint to help with ball joint removal.

I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.

• OK, so I am wondering. If someone wants to Powder Coat their control arms, can ya take out the ball joints and reuse them or install new ones?? If u have to gt a new control arm they are already installed.. HMMMM

We are doing another build here right now and the customer wanted the A arms powdercoated, so we had to figure out how to get the ball joints out and back in. The service manual states that there is a special tool from Polaris to do that, however when we go the tool, it did not quite work like we hoped. So we ended up making a tool here to remove and install the ball joints. It is not that tricky to do, but the A-arms do not have a really nice surface to press on to get in and out. On that build, we did re-use his stock ball joints since his were fine.

Hope that helps,
    Dave

• We are doing another build here right now and the customer wanted the A arms powdercoated, so we had to figure out how to get the ball joints out and back in. The service manual states that there is a special tool from Polaris to do that, however when we go the tool, it did not quite work like we hoped. So we ended up making a tool here to remove and install the ball joints. It is not that tricky to do, but the A-arms do not have a really nice surface to press on to get in and out. On that build, we did re-use his stock ball joints since his were fine.
    Hope that helps,
    Dave

@Dave@DDMWorks....you may have just written an infomercial for a new DDMWorks product line.......custom Ball Joint Removal Tool!!! The added bonus to us Sling owners will be the fact that it will actually do the job!!!! So......what kind of $$ figure we talking here?????

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi

• We are doing another build here right now and the customer wanted the A arms powdercoated, so we had to figure out how to get the ball joints out and back in. The service manual states that there is a special tool from Polaris to do that, however when we go the tool, it did not quite work like we hoped. So we ended up making a tool here to remove and install the ball joints. It is not that tricky to do, but the A-arms do not have a really nice surface to press on to get in and out. On that build, we did re-use his stock ball joints since his were fine.
    Hope that helps,
    Dave

Dave, do u think u could post a picture or email me a picture of that tool?? Thankx for your time!

• So I wonder were u can find and buy the tool???