Left Ear/Wind Popping Issue

• Question, I've got a bullet speed top with a stock windscreen, when doing 75-80 down the interstate, i get a lot of wind across my left ear that "pops" its hard to explain, but its loud and i think is caused by the wind buffeting around the Sling and into the cockpit, like its creating a low pressure pocket next to my head. I can reduce it by leaning in closer to the shifter. I don't wear a helmet. My question to you guys, what are your suggestions of something I can get to help fix this issue, would a new windscreen fix it, or tricled side wings? I've recently seen a rear wind screen behind the rollbars, just not sure which direction to go. Do you notice any of this on your rides?
    Thanks,
    Chris

• WindTamer™ Motorcyclist Ear Plugs (NRR 19) - Consumer Packaged Reusable Ear Plugs

They significantly tone down the wind noise but make it easier to hear the radio and other "normal" sounds .....

The Hock's "noise filter" is specific to certain frequencies..they are not for blocking noise so don't wear these at the range or expect them to make things quiet, just toning down certain annoying and damaging types ......

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

Edited 3 times, last by Orangeman: SP :( - fat fingers ().

• The air wings might help. I've never tried them. A Madstad windshield would definitely get rid of the turbulence.

I also agree with @Orangeman, earplugs are a good idea. I wear them anytime I plan on running highway speeds. My hearing is too important.

• Concur with all on earplugs, but I use the disposable ones, although they're the better disposables that are shaped like a plug instead of a cylinder. Wear then anytime I'm going to be on the highway, whether bike or Sling, half helmet or full face.

@Orangeman, thanks for sharing. Will have to check those out.

• Question, I've got a bullet speed top with a stock windscreen, when doing 75-80 down the interstate, i get a lot of wind across my left ear that "pops"

Yep, that would be the stock windshield. The left edge got too much angle cut and plays heck with those of us in the 6 ft range. My fix was a F4 +3 windshield replacement. Wind wings would be a cheaper fix but if the wind over the top of the stock is slamming you at the eyes at the speeds you mentioned, the wings would be a waste for that problem.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• The Madstadt would take care of it also. Regular unvented screens have a high pressure area at the front of the screen while in motion with a low pressure area on the back side. Air will flow to low pressure causing that backside turbulence. That's why we get a lot of rain on the back side of unvented windscreens. Some motorcycle windscreens have addressed this. On my Spyder I cut a NACA vent in the lower center that really helped. Easiest way for us is the Madstadt as it allows flow through the lower span wise section greatly reducing back flow turbulence.