error codes 65580 and 66014 - ends up battery problem need to replace with what battery that works in 2015

• I was teaching my grandson to drive stick shift . Guess from constantly jerking and stalling the 2015 sling didn't like it so it stalled and though out some codes and eventually the battery died so I had it towed home 100+ miles and got it running but still has these codes flashing. Any suggestions on how to dismiss the codes or do I need it to bring it in for service?

Thanks.

Yo

• I was teaching my grandson to drive stick shift . Guess from constantly jerking and stalling the 2015 sling didn't like it so it stalled and though out some codes and eventually the battery died so I had it towed home 100+ miles and got it running but still has these codes flashing. Any suggestions on how to dismiss the codes or do I need it to bring it in for service?

Thanks.

Yo

How was it having the Sling towed....I have heard some horror stories about the front ends of the Slingshot getting torn off by the towing company?

• here are the codes from the manual. First thing I would do would be to disconnect battery and unplug the 3 connectors at the CPU. Then reseat all connectors back in the CPU and reconnect battery. Have seen this work of a few different codes and situations.

Powertrain relay is in the fuse box, top left (should be marked on the inside of the fuse box lid)

Could have been the jerking motion loosened a connector.

• Thanks, I'm going to try all your suggestions. When I bought the sling in 2016 I got AAA Premier because I new I needed at lease 100 miles to a dealer where ever it broke down. AAA sent out the towing trainer who was at lunch but he said he was begged to do the 100 miles because they didn't want an inexperienced driver to deal with the Sling. Took him about 15 minutes to pull it up and strap it down and on the way he called a friend who has Sling and asked him what he thought the problem could be. He thought battery. So I give AAA 200 points on a 100 point scale:)

• How was it having the Sling towed....I have heard some horror stories about the front ends of the Slingshot getting torn off by the towing company?

....had mines on a flatbed when i blew up my clutches on my slingshot on the highway......the flatbed driver knew what he was doing and had different size wood blocks to get it on without tearing it up......hope I never need another flatbed :crossed_fingers_medium_dark_skin_tone:

• Thndrbst

Changed the title of the thread from “error codes 65580 and 66014” to “error codes 65580 and 66014 - ends up battery problem need to replace with what battery that works in 2015”.
  • After going through your suggestions I think it comes down to before I stored it for the winter I got a new battery. Looks like the battery I asked for/ they gave me is NG. Everything works perfect when I jump start it from my car. Can some one tell me what battery they replaced their 2015 OEM with.

• After going through your suggestions I think it comes down to before I stored it for the winter I got a new battery. Looks like the battery I asked for/ they gave me is NG. Everything works perfect when I jump start it from my car. Can some one tell me what battery they replaced their 2015 OEM with.

A reasonably priced battery from 'Batteries Plus' that I have had good luck with

Just punch in battery in the search and you will find more info than you will want to read. The only battery IMHO of 76 years to stay away from is the Interstate Brand.

• Put in a Optima battery with a Mechman alternator...? That is what I did, Cost? I went with a Big 3 uprade. Cost? :potable_water:

Always Remember...You can drive it like you want to drive it tomorrow! 8)

:HEADERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS::ROTORSS: