22 years - - - - seems like yesterday

• Just curious. Am I the only one that finds it hard to believe its been 22 years since the September 11 terrorist attacks?

To me it seems like it was just yesterday that my wife and I woke up to watch that terrible day unfold and it just completely blows my mind to think that the kids like my granddaughter who just graduated from high school were not even born yet when 9/11 happened

perhaps its just me, but the time between that day in 2001 and now has gone by faster than any other 20+ year period in my life that I can think of - - - - makes me go wow!

anyway just thought I would throw this out there for thought

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• and 22 years later we have this kinda crap….

https://www.foxnews.com/media/…g-america-was-never-great

These assholes should be arrested and deported to a communist country so they can fulfill their dream for utopia. How all the men and women that fought and died for these people to burn the flag around such a somber day is unfathomable IMO. Nobody wants to join the military to defend us anymore - as we mourn the 9/11 victims it may be appropriate to mourn the death of patriotism along with it !!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• I was unemployed that day. One of the things I did to save money was do any errands on a bicycle. That day I had a flat. I was in the garage replacing the tube when the last plane meant for the Pentagon crashed, at that particular moment I was holding a screwdriver prying my tire off to access the tube. Upon hearing the news my hand slipped and the screw driver scraped my arm. Today the scar is barely visible.

• After the first plane hit my sister called and woke my wife and myself up - - we got up and turned on the TV and at that time they still were not sure what was happening - - at first they were assuming it was just an accident and actually thought it was just a small airplane so we we turned it off and went back to the room to get ready for the day. Later when we came back out and turned back on the TV we saw flight 175 come into the picture and slam into the south tower - - it was at that moment it became instantly clear that this was an intentional attack. Went to work that morning and spent the remainder of the day glued to the news watching the days events unfold. - - - to me the most memorable thing about it all was the silence that followed. Here at my home. We live just off the north end of the Palm Springs International Airport so the sound of air traffic and other noise generated by the airport operations is a constant thing to the point we dont even notice it, but when all of the air traffic operations were shut down in the days following it was downright weird to have all of that background noise suddenly turned off - - - it was really strange, never really knew just how much background noise the airport generated the we didnt even notice, but when it all stopped it was like someone put noise canceling headphones over my ears for the next week - - - - never before in my life had I realized just how muck background noise is in my day to day life that I dont even realize is there. - - it was just plane spooky having it all shut down like it was - - - still cant believe it has been 22 years, feels much more like 3 or 4 when I think about how it feels

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies