My Slingshot just died

• if they went bad and you swapped them then the problem would move to where the bad one was installed. Could be something intermittent with one of them. OR could be a bad connection where they plug in, or where the wire connects to the terminal under the fuse block. Definitely try the cheapest solution which is likely 2 new breakers first.

• Anybody know what those circuit breakers are called? I checked Polaris and they want $20-45 EACH for them. Autozone and Google were not my friend this time

I had the "sputter" happen twice yesterday. Didn't shut down completely, but gives you that heart attack before catching itself again. Chasing electrical gremlins is a b..ch!

• Yep, that is definitely the correct breaker. But why would i have power with the key out? I noticed when I pulled the ECM one (on top), when I put it back in, I got a little spark. I'm wondering if I have a short somewhere which is powering that all the time? Anyone got thoughts of where to start looking?

• Yep, that is definitely the correct breaker. But why would i have power with the key out? I noticed when I pulled the ECM one (on top), when I put it back in, I got a little spark. I'm wondering if I have a short somewhere which is powering that all the time? Anyone got thoughts of where to start looking?

ECM is connected to power all the time by that fuse

• Man!

I idolize you guys who can look at an electrical schematic and diagnose a problem. It’s always been a ghost in the machine to me. If I can’t fix it with a wrench, duct, tape, super glue or WD-40 someone else is gonna have to. Oh yeah, and a hammer!

The closest I got to success was going to a mechanical brake switch, and I’m actually proud of that☺️

We’ll get there when we get there and not a minute before. 😎

• Man!

I idolize you guys who can look at an electrical schematic and diagnose a problem. It’s always been a ghost in the machine to me. If I can’t fix it with a wrench, duct, tape, super glue or WD-40 someone else is gonna have to. Oh yeah, and a hammer!

The closest I got to success was going to a mechanical brake switch, and I’m actually proud of that☺️

Its looks daunting, and often can be, but can also be straight forward. Sometimes it's more a matter of following the lines to see what is connected first. From Chavey2 question about small spark, following the lines just shows that it's connected to constant power, and it goes through a constant power splice, so not the issue, as you are connecting and disconnecting the ECU under a small load. Troubleshooting bad connections is definitely a matter of process of elimination and can be a PITA and time consuming, and sometimes just good luck. Helps that I have my own electrical contracting business so deal with troubleshooting wiring regularly. Different voltage, and different system, but procedure for troubleshooting is pretty much the same.

• Man!

When Dave at DDM starts talking to me about wiring, ECM, etc. — I stop him and say…

:00008356:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it