Diagnostic port

• On my 2015 SL LE I am looking for the diagnostic port to plug in my DDMworks scanner....I know it is suppose to be on the drivers side by the steering column but when I look for mine there is nothing hanging.....will it be under a panel that I need to remove to get access to it? Thanks for the help.

• On my 2015 SL LE I am looking for the diagnostic port to plug in my DDMworks scanner....I know it is suppose to be on the drivers side by the steering column but when I look for mine there is nothing hanging.....will it be under a panel that I need to remove to get access to it? Thanks for the help.

It is probably tucked up over the plastic panel under the steering column.

Lets ask Dave Dave@DDMWorks ...

• Lets ask Dave Dave@DDMWorks ...

Thanks for the tag.

The diagnostic port will be in the back of the bottom side of the steering column plastic. There is a little 8 pin connector blank that it is sometimes plugged into. Sometimes they get tucked up under the steering column plastic, so make sure to look there also.

Here is what the port looks like -

Also, if you can not find the one under the dash, there is one in the engine bay you can use also. There is a 8 pin connector like the picture above just in front of the fuse box area. It is plugged into another harness, just unplug it and you can plug the diagnostic tool in there also.

Let me know if you need any other help with it.

Dave

• Thanks so much for this thread! I'm literally in the exact same situation with a 2015 and was looking for the port as well.

Every once in a blue moon I'll get a 65565 code that throws on my Sling, but its typically short-lived and the mechanic still gives the sling a clean bill of health. Eventually the Sling resets itself after a week or two of driving or I manually clear it out by a prolonged battery unplug. After cleared it doesn't return for another 10-12 months or so.

I'd much rather just have the ability to attend to this more simply and have ability to diagnose other codes in the future before taking into the shop.

Almost gave up finding my port, but used Dave's tip and finally located it! Now I just need to be patient while the diagnostic tool comes back in stock: https://www.ddmworks.com/Polar…l-by-DDMWorks_p_2992.html

I had purchased this and this in the hopes that the two will allow me to read and clear codes (since the DDMWork tool is out of stock), but something tells me that may not work... I'll return them if they don't work and then promptly place my order for the DDMWork diagnostic tool and wait like a patient person should. 😀

Thanks all!

• Well confirmed... my hacky method did not work. Just submitted my purchase order for the backordered diagnostic tool via DDM. Looking forward to receiving it Dave@DDMWorks! Any idea how far backordered they are at present?

• Well confirmed... my hacky method did not work. Just submitted my purchase order for the backordered diagnostic tool via DDM. Looking forward to receiving it Dave@DDMWorks! Any idea how far backordered they are at present?

Dave is at the rally in Houston, TX so may be a little slower than normal getting back to you.

• Worked out perfectly.....I pulled the lower steering column panel off and there it is....not only did I find the diagnostic port...but I also found a piece of the clock spring from when the previous owner changed out the steering wheel....Thanks for all the help folks!!