Warranty Question

• Thanks everyone!

EjFord & billythekidd,

Full Throttle Powersports in Gastonia NC is a Slingshot dealer.

They offer 2, 3 & 4 year Polaris Extended Warranties..

The 4 year must be new. As long as it's "Polaris" you should be good to go. The warrantee should be transferable so keeping or selling should be good.

• The 4 year must be new. As long as it's "Polaris" you should be good to go. The warrantee should be transferable so keeping or selling should be good.

I just called Polaris customer service regarding that to see if I could extend my warranty 1 more year. They informed me that they only offer a total of 60 months.. 24 months at purchase and 36 months extended.

I am guessing that the 4 year term is with a private company... I had that on my 2019 SLR but it was with a 3rd party warranty company.

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• Thanks again.

Picked up a 3 year warranty from Polaris for a little under 1700!

and hopefully you will never need it :thumbsup:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• The Slingshot is addictive!

I'm thinking of upgrading to a new one.

I got a decent deal on mine, dealer appraisal it for trade in yesterday for more than I have in it...

I got a decent deal on mine, dealer appraisal it for trade in yesterday for more than I have in it...

if you have one of the older ones like mine with the GM engine I personally would keep it and forget about the newer ones - yea sure sparkly new things are tempting, but I think the proven GM motor and drivetrain and the availability of parts to maintain it from many sources other than Polaris is huge plus for the older Slingshots

JMO

Edit: on the other hand if you have one of the first ones with the Polaris engine it might be a good idea to get a new one. I suspect that in the time since the new engine came out they have been able to work out many of the bugs the first ones might have had.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

Edited once, last by Edward Neal ().

I've had a 2015 & 2016 slingshot (long story) --- not ready to make any upgrades. I have 100,100+ miles on the 2016 and runs like a top. the 2.4 GM engine will go for every with just basic maintenance --- been more problems with the new motors & trans than most people are talking about. If I do buy another it will be a pre 2020 with the 2.4 motor. Lots of them out there with very low miles.

• I've had a 2015 & 2016 slingshot (long story) --- not ready to make any upgrades. I have 100,100+ miles on the 2016 and runs like a top. the 2.4 GM engine will go for every with just basic maintenance --- been more problems with the new motors & trans than most people are talking about. If I do buy another it will be a pre 2020 with the 2.4 motor. Lots of them out there with very low miles.

On the flip side, I had a 2019SLR (bought brand new) that had the brake light problem, check engine code, had to have the steering wheel replaced because it cracked in less than a year, fuses melted, and several other little things that would pop up and sometimes go away and sometimes it was off to the dealer.

Fingers crossed.... my 2020R has not had one code or problem other than the fob that Polaris says is working correctly constantly needs to be reset... the sling always starts, just the built in security doesn't work without resetting the fob. I really like the auto drive with the paddles and the ride is hands down more smooth than the 2019 was. I also like that I can put it in M mode and Slingshot mode and it tightens up the steering and lets me really run through the mountain roads.

The problems with the newer trans, was only on some auto drives... they needed a software update... from what I understand since the update (s) I have not heard of any trans problems... The engines had some problems with the piston sleeves and several have had to have engines replaced. Overall, I believe the really new ones are a bit overpriced... for a fully "loaded" one paying a bit over 40k is too much for a toy... my opinion...

When the going gets tough.... Downshift.

• I've had a 2015 & 2016 slingshot (long story) --- not ready to make any upgrades. I have 100,100+ miles on the 2016 and runs like a top. the 2.4 GM engine will go for every with just basic maintenance --- been more problems with the new motors & trans than most people are talking about. If I do buy another it will be a pre 2020 with the 2.4 motor. Lots of them out there with very low miles.

That was why I bought/stole the 2016, so now I still have 2 Slings the 2015 has 104,000 and the 2016has 35,500. I knew I was going to have one until I could not go anymore.

• Just MHO, now that the Slingshot isn't a new item that people had no idea of what was going to break or how they were going to fix one, a $2500 plus/minus expense to protect yourself from having to shell out an unknown quantity of hard earned dollars may have made sense. Now having almost 9 years of history (I know, the newer ones have changed so that's not 100%true) $2500 would pay for a lot of repairs. If I was to buy a new S/S with the added electronics and early issues with the Prostar engine and auto shifted transmission, I may think twice about buying the extended warranty. But I'd probably play the odds and save the money and assume the risks.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

Edited once, last by Funinthesun ().