Season ending

• Well our riding season in maine is nearing an end. We managed to put on over 15k this year which is 3k more than usual. Don't know about you guys, but I'm ready to put it up and maybe do some mods. I have a new head unit sitting on the shelf for months waiting to be installed and considering a brake caliper upgrade. I like having a break from riding. Makes looking forward to next season exciting. Probably would get bored if I could ride 10-12 months of the year. Our season is about 6 months unless I put on the heated gear.

• I am hoping that 2023 will be better than 2022. I have put very few miles on my Slings this year due to the back, but mostly the covid. I am still not completely over the covid and for some reason my blood pressure has been low-low ever since all of this stuff started in June (Today 81-43) with no energy. I am not doing anything these days. Maybe I will get around to putting the air vent on the 2016 and get the Welter exhaust installed.

• I am hoping that 2023 will be better than 2022. I have put very few miles on my Slings this year due to the back, but mostly the covid. I am still not completely over the covid and for some reason my blood pressure has been low-low ever since all of this stuff started in June (Today 81-43) with no energy. I am not doing anything these days. Maybe I will get around to putting the air vent on the 2016 and get the Welter exhaust installed.

You sure are having a tough time. I don't do much either but that's due to no motivation. Hope you get feeling better soon. I still want to get to ssits one more time but I'm a caregiver and can't get away. My bp is 130/90. It's high but went on bp meds and didn't like them. I figure when it's my time at least I had a pretty good ride.

• Gerald, that Covid is some nasty shit. The vaccines may not prevent you from getting it, but it sure appears to lessen the damage it does do when you do catch it. Imagine how much worse it would have been if you didn't get the "shots in arms". Being on a respirator is no fun at all. Get better by friend. We vneed to see you in MV in 2023 for more than a day

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Gerald, that Covid is some nasty shit. The vaccines may not prevent you from getting it, but it sure appears to lessen the damage it does do when you do catch it. Imagine how much worse it would have been if you didn't get the "shots in arms". Being on a respirator is no fun at all. Get better by friend. We vneed to see you in MV in 2023 for more than a day

I blame some of my problems today on the side effects of the shot. I did not have the problems before the shot.

• In Northern Indiana I never put the Slingshot up for the 'season'. It's build by Polaris the snowmobile people. No snow on the road I put on some warm gear and ride...

• One disadvantage of our moving is that here in SW Oregon our "winter" season meant it typically just getting a lil wetter. A lil more frost sometimes in shaded areas, and less than maybe a couple of weeks of snow. So, our riding really wasn't infringed upon all that much. In Montana I am afraid that the "Grasshopper" is going to become more of a garage queen for several months out of the year, though as long as the roads are bare, bundling up like a sleigh ride will be an occasion now and then I am sure.

Bill

• I'm still waiting for riding season! Cool, wet spring, hotter than heck summer and now wildfire smoke! The few good days I was out of the country and then came home with Covid!

FunCycle, I have a friend who has 'long covid' and after 9 months finally doing better. Hoping you recover sooner rather than later!

• my riding season is just kicking off, in fact today is my wife's first day at a new farmers market, now she will be doing 4 a week. This one is the furthest down valley from us and this morning I followed her in the Slingshot to help her set everything up. Left here just before the sun came up and when the market actually started at 8 I headed out, took the extra long way home out through a desert canyon and then across the backside of the hills before dropping back down and then home - - it was absolutely beautiful out 79 / 81 degrees perfect riding weather in my shorts and a T-shirt - - and from now forward it will just be getting better :thumbsup:

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies