Sun damaging paint?

• Our 2015 Pearl Red SlingShot has led a sheltered life mostly protected in the garage, but for the next month or two I may be using it as my daily driver. They are forecasting temps in to the 100s, and I will be using the stock cockpit cover, but somewhat concerned about the uncovered parts, should I be?

Thanks,

Bill

• Our 2015 Pearl Red SlingShot has led a sheltered life mostly protected in the garage, but for the next month or two I may be using it as my daily driver. They are forecasting temps in to the 100s, and I will be using the stock cockpit cover, but somewhat concerned about the uncovered parts, should I be?

Thanks,

Bill

Edward Neal is in CA and for 4 or 5 years his Slingshot has been his daily driver. He would be the one to answer the question.

Thanks,

Bill

2016 pearl red slingshot- daily driver here in Palm Springs Ca since very early 2017 and driven on many many days with highs well into the 100’s and even on a few that were over 120. Garaged at night, but every week day when I was still working she was parked in the sun year round with no cover other than a towel thrown on the seat so that I wouldn’t burn my ass. She still looks great, no sun damage at all that I can detect

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• edit to above post, I do not have any vinyl graphics or stick on badging I removed it all primarily because I think it looks better, but also because I did not trust them in the heat. Our extreme heat seems to be very good at making adhesive soft and unreliable. So like I said above, my paint has been great in our heat and sun, but I can’t vouch for any stick on graphics

• 2016 pearl red slingshot- daily driver here in Palm Springs Ca since very early 2017 and driven on many many days with highs well into the 100’s and even on a few that were over 120. Garaged at night, but every week day when I was still working she was parked in the sun year round with no cover other than a towel thrown on the seat so that I wouldn’t burn my ass. She still looks great, no sun damage at all that I can detect

Looking good. You keep her pretty well waxed up don't you? That's gotta help.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Looking good. You keep her pretty well waxed up don't you? That's gotta help.

yes I do try to keep her clean and protected with a good wax/sealant. I want her to last :thumbsup:

• love my Lucas slick mist products, but I have also always used a high quality sealant as a base coat. usually multiple coats.

• Edward Neal how many miles do you have on your Slingshot?

EjFord compared to others around here my Slingshot is low milage at just under 37k