2018 slingshade driver door repair

• Well this happened, let my brother drive it while he was in town, when exiting he got up to soon and pop.

It was always missing the rear securment magnet. When I inquired about replacement my local dealer said it's not an option.

So ideally I'm looking for suggestions in regards to gluing of some sort. The jb plastic stuff is sufficient or maybe something else?

I found a potential replacement of just the door via ebay, bit pricey and labeled a 2017 on the schematic.

So idk if my local dealer was misinformed or there was some significant change between the 17 and 18 shades.

It does fine up to about 60...lol

Is there a secret pic n pull graveyard of slingshots somewhere?

Thanx in advance.

• You can purchase a replacement Slingshade door - just need the exact color of your Slingshade. Yes it's expensive, but the Slingshade is expensive to start with. Other wise you could rough it up and put a layer of fiberglass over the inside to bond it (strong).

2JZ Swap - 400+ WHP - Custom Hood - PRP Seats - Cerwin Vega Stereo - AccuAir - Foose Wheels - Hankook Tires - LiteTheNite LED's

• The most worrying thing is how is Polaris charging $3k for this plastic garbage AND on top of this not offering guaranteed replacement parts for it.

• Watch some YouTube videos on plastic welding. Some folks use small pieces of wire to help reinforce the plastic weld. If you can get the plastic welding to work it should provide a strong joint and save a heck of a lot over paying Polaris parts prices.

Can't hurt to try - Take a look here - https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=Plastic+welding

If nothing else, see if you can find a body shop that does plastic welding.