After market steering wheel

• I have a 2018 SLR LE. It came with a Sparco steering wheel, shift nob and pedals.

My question is if I go with an aftermarket steering wheel, do I have to by the hub adapter. It looks like t has a small one already. I want to get the assault flat bottom one.

Call the guys at http://www.SlingMods.com --- They shoud be able to answer your question.

• Not sure what'd be behind that. If rubber pops up and it's just the steering wheel bolt, yeah you'll need an adapter to make that wheel work. Hope that helps! I swapped mine awhile ago and finally got a wheel I like. That flat bottom I had before had weird ergonomics on top of wheel that would make hand go numb after a few hours, this one doesn't do that.

• I have the assault flat bottom steering wheel and absolutely love the way it fits my hands - - super comfortable - - highly recommended

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• found out, if you have the Sparco stock steering wheel it already has an adapter. You can just buy the wheel

Can't wit for my assault wheel

I also recommend adding a quick release. I love the added security provided by being able to take the steering wheel with me when I have to leave the slingshot parked, especially if its going to be overnight at a hotel or resort. I went 5 years before I did this and now that I have, I honestly think it should have been one of my first mods. just got back from an overnighter yesterday and it was nice when I went to bed knowing anyone looking at my slingshot would see this because the steering wheel was locked in the room with me

• I am waiting on quick release, one of my riding buddies just got one with the ddm adapter which I think is longer than the one that I have. I want to see how close the wheel is in his before I buy it.

But that could be next

I was really concerned that the QR would move the wheel to close, but in doing some research I found that most Americans actually keep the wheel further away that what is actually the safest distance. If you look at NASCAR drivers and other race car setups they keep the string wheel much closer than you would normally expect. They do this because having the elbows bent and being able to pull down on the sides of the wheel is a much stronger position than having the arms extended - - Even after reading this I was still a bit skeptical, but now that I have the QR and have driven with it I must say I do like it and it does give an increased sense of control. only downside that took some getting used to is the extra reach for the turn signal, but even that is something I got adjusted to after a a couple of rides - - - plus there's just something cool about getting out of the Sling and walking away with your steering wheel :thumbsup:

here mine is with the DDM hub and a NRG Gen2 QR

• found a great example - and this is almost exactly where the steering wheel is for me with the QR

The correct distance from the steering wheel is easily adjusted with some simple techniques. The proper distance can be achieved with your shoulders resting against the back of the seat, and then stretching your arms out straight (with no break in the elbows) so that the wrists are resting on the very top of the steering wheel. The wrists should be able to break so that your hands are able to droop over the far side of the wheel. If your wrists do not break at the top of the wheel, then you will need to adjust the seat (or adjust the angle of the seat-back) forward or backward to achieve this position.

link - correct driving position

for whatever reason most of us seem to think we should be much further back and to some degree I think this idea is also promoted because of the danger of being too close to the airbag should it deploy - - of course not an issue in a slingshot