What do you carry

• Pillows not only work on females that are screamers but they really do provide some sound suppression for gunshots - there are several videos out there that prove it. It’s not just a Hollywood thing...

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

• Anyone here have a Tavor X95 in 300Blk? or in 5.56? Looking at a 300 that would be fun to slap a can on. They get great write ups but a lot of people seem to complain about a lot of gas in the face and the heavy trigger.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• Anyone here have a Tavor X95 in 300Blk? or in 5.56? Looking at a 300 that would be fun to slap a can on. They get great write ups but a lot of people seem to complain about a lot of gas in the face and the heavy trigger.

Don't own one, but shot plenty. Trigger is junk out of the box but it's a bullpup and your going to have that with almost all of them as it's not a direct trigger. There are some upgrades to make it about on par with a mil-spec ar15 trigger. I didn't have any gas issues in the ones I shot. The bullpup in general is a great 200 yard or less rifle if you want to poke further it has it's limitations. Tavor is the brand to go with and I occasionally run into guys who actually compete with them so I'm sure there are more mods and tweaks to them that I don't know about. Due to range limitations in the platform anyway the .300 blackout would be awesome and with a can it's very manageable for home defense or tighter spaces. The can is going to cause more gas issues with the blowback and adamantly I've never shot one with a can so maybe why I had no gas issues myself.

• Don't own one, but shot plenty. Trigger is junk out of the box but it's a bullpup and your going to have that with almost all of them as it's not a direct trigger. There are some upgrades to make it about on par with a mil-spec ar15 trigger. I didn't have any gas issues in the ones I shot. The bullpup in general is a great 200 yard or less rifle if you want to poke further it has it's limitations. Tavor is the brand to go with and I occasionally run into guys who actually compete with them so I'm sure there are more mods and tweaks to them that I don't know about. Due to range limitations in the platform anyway the .300 blackout would be awesome and with a can it's very manageable for home defense or tighter spaces. The can is going to cause more gas issues with the blowback and adamantly I've never shot one with a can so maybe why I had no gas issues myself.

Thanks for the feed back 3GunSteve . Greatly appreciated. I was looking at it as a bit of a home defense gun and possibly something to hunt mid size game with so sub 200 yards is what I was looking for. I was looking at the Geissele Super Sabra Trigger which seems to be what most swap out to. It's not terribly expensive at $350 considering its a platform which seems to have fairly limited aftermarket support. But it all adds up quickly by the time you factor in the rifle, trigger, can, optic, and uncle sam's tax stamp on the can, you're getting close to the $4k mark.

• Thanks for the feed back 3GunSteve . Greatly appreciated. I was looking at it as a bit of a home defense gun and possibly something to hunt mid size game with so sub 200 yards is what I was looking for. I was looking at the Geissele Super Sabra Trigger which seems to be what most swap out to. It's not terribly expensive at $350 considering its a platform which seems to have fairly limited aftermarket support. But it all adds up quickly by the time you factor in the rifle, trigger, can, optic, and uncle sam's tax stamp on the can, you're getting close to the $4k mark.

That's a good trigger, you'll like it and huge improvement over stock one. Yup, be a fun gun to hunt with (born and raised 40 min north of Alpena, MI) up there in the sticks! Tax stamps are backed up again with covid panic buying so get it going asap!

• Actually, tax stamps are better than they were. I’ve purchased 2 suppressors in the last 12 months & both took 5 months - the most recent was purchased in May of 2020 (during Covid) & received the tax stamp in October.

• That's a good trigger, you'll like it and huge improvement over stock one. Yup, be a fun gun to hunt with (born and raised 40 min north of Alpena, MI) up there in the sticks! Tax stamps are backed up again with covid panic buying so get it going asap!

I was just up there this summer. Small world. Definitely have to get the tax stamp thing going. Maybe I'll just get that going now and start the search for the Tavor. The Tavor has been hard to find in stock. Before all the panic buying you could generally find them for around a grand once in a while but when I find them now they want $1700+ for them.

• Go for a multi-caliber suppressor. For example, one that works for both 9mm and .300Blk - this will give you more versatility. Yes, they exist.

• ^^^^^
    Kyle D , don’t know how much of a prepper you are but I’d consider going with 5.56 vs 300. Yep, .300 is a fine round BUT.... In a SHTF / WROL / GDE / TEOTWAWKI event, .300 is going to be VERY hard to find. 5.56 will also meet your criteria for medium size game.

• Another consideration is cost of ammo - .300 Blackout (currently) is running just over $1.00 per round. 5.56 (currently) is running 60-75¢ per round.

Glad I stocked up at 20-30¢ per round...

• A neighbor who, like many, is suddenly afraid of the state of things, just acquired an AR-15. He bought everything, a kit, & his son put it all together for him. But, he had no ammo & was shocked at how hard it was to find & how much it cost. His new AR has a red dot that he wants to sight in & he wants at least some ammo on the side.

So, I “helped” him out by selling him 2, 150-round boxes of Winchester white box 55gr FMJ (it’s all I had of this crap - glad to get rid of it!) for $180 that I paid practically nothing for.

He was happy. :00007991:

I’m happy. :00007555:

• Another consideration is cost of ammo - .300 Blackout (currently) is running just over $1.00 per round. 5.56 (currently) is running 60-75¢ per round.

Glad I stocked up at 20-30¢ per round...

Been buying for over 25 years. Hell! When the 22's disappeared off of the market in 2 weeks years ago. The bulk box Federal 550 was around $12 per box.