What do you carry

• Two is One and One is None - caliber options are good especially when ammo is short right now. I'd accelerate your purchase though, prices only going to go up.... Both Sportsmans (SPWH) and Smith & Wesson (SWBI) are up today in my portfolio. Fear of what a Biden administration might do will drive both ammo and guns again for awhile.

• Two is One and One is None - caliber options are good especially when ammo is short right now. I'd accelerate your purchase though, prices only going to go up.... Both Sportsmans (SPWH) and Smith & Wesson (SWBI) are up today in my portfolio. Fear of what a Biden administration might do will drive both ammo and guns again for awhile.

I’m helping you out on both fronts - just ordered another S&W revolver from Sportsman’s yesterday - it will be at my local store the 15th. :):thumbsup:

Slingshots: making children out of adults since 2014

Might as well add this to your portfolio...

LOL, the ammo situation can't get worse can it??? How can we have less than zero?? Ammo shelves have been bare for months in most stores. Bought my son a reproduction civil war era black powder 45 pistol for Christmas and can't even find black powder percussion caps to go shoot it anywhere in a three state radius.

FB - North Alabama Polaris Slingshot Owners - (Huntsville)

• LOL, the ammo situation can't get worse can it??? How can we have less than zero?? Ammo shelves have been bare for months in most stores. Bought my son a reproduction civil war era black powder 45 pistol for Christmas and can't even find black powder percussion caps to go shoot it anywhere in a three state radius.

What size do you need?

• Been trying to find Remington #10 caps based on recommendations posted from other model 1858 owners.

Yikes! You’re right! Rare as hen’s teeth. What’s up with that?! If you find them online you’ll have to pay a hazmat fee ($30 is typical) so buy a bunch to make it worthwhile.

I suggest going to a bunch of online reputable suppliers & sign up for notification when back in stock. Usually, only your email is required.

Happy hunting...

• It can and probably will as gun sales continue to rise and people want ammo. Seriously considering taking the season off despite already booking and paying for two matches with out of state trips planned... Those primers I sold last month to have wheel money I could of sold for $400 now more than I did and I already sold at a 6x multiple. Insane... and not looking good long term!

• Anyone in here have any experience with the Springfield Hellcat? I was looking at the Sig P365 but I do not like how narrow the grip is. It just doesn't feel "right" in my hand. I've been told the Hellcat has a wider grip and size specs are similar to the Sig but I have not been able to find one to hold or fire locally. I also find articles about the safety on the trigger not functioning smoothly all the time. Anyone have experience with that? Seems like it is more of a random occurrence than an actual "issue".

Have you looked at the P365XL? About a half inch longer and a half inch taller than the P365. It has a flat trigger with no safety. In fact it has no external safety at all and one round more capacity than the P365.

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• Thanks for the help, but no luck... Won't ship, in store pick up only. Not driving from Huntsville AL to Bastrop TX for some caps at this point. Will keep checking my local gun shops. They will eventually get some in.

Sorry, didn’t know they wouldn’t ship. Well, I tried... :(

• Interesting.

As a newish gun owner; I want to get an short barrel AR for home defense (my dogs might make a shotgun impractical) but being concerned with the noise and asked about a suppressors, apparently very difficult to obtain even in red state Florida...

At inside-the-home distances, shot patterns open up VERY little (even with cylinder bore) so you should be just fine with a shotgun. 00 Buck is the usually recommended medicine of choice.

I own a couple of suppressors (.22/9mm). It’s a matter of doing all the paperwork, getting fingerprinted, sending off $200 for the tax stamp & then WAITING.

Suppressing supersonic rounds has never made much sense to me - you’ll still get the loud supersonic ‘crack’ sound. Short barrel ARs are even louder than their longer barreled brothers.

I just stick with subsonic .22 for plinking/hunting & 9mm subsonic (147 grain) for plinking/home defense.

• Have you looked at the P365XL? About a half inch longer and a half inch taller than the P365. It has a flat trigger with no safety. In fact it has no external safety at all and one round more capacity than the P365.

I've read about it. Haven't held one. It sounded cool but I also want to keep the footprint small.

ZZPerformance EST 2000 - Go Fast Not Broke

• Interesting.

As a newish gun owner; I want to get an short barrel AR for home defense (my dogs might make a shotgun impractical) but being concerned with the noise and asked about a suppressors, apparently very difficult to obtain even in red state Florida...

I have a AR pistol in 556 and when it goes bang it sounds and looks like a cannon going off. My buddy just got a suppressor and his paperwork came back in 4 months. It's only going to get longer at this point but its a fairly painless process aside from the $200 tax stamp for each one you buy. Silencer Co makes a suppressor for a 12g so that could be an option for you if you wanted to continue using a shotgun for home defense. The youtube videos I've watched make it seem like it makes a pretty big difference. Standard pressure 45acp works well for suppression since it is inherently subsonic and still has a lot of knock down power. If you're looking for a rifle round, 300 black out is the go to for suppression. You have a couple options. Use an AR pistol with about a 9" barrel and throw a can on that or, go for a bullpup style like the IWI X95 Tavor in 300 black out. That way you're still at about the same overall length but you still get the full 16" barrel. In my opinion, if you are going to go the AR route, go with a pistol vs getting a SBR (Short Barreled Rifle) so that way you only have to pay the $200 tax stamp on the can and not on the SBR as well. Just my .02 cents.

• Only problem with .300 blackout right now is that ammo is pretty much non-existent for someone just getting into firearms. Well, it’s out there but starts at over $1.00 per round...

• Only problem with .300 blackout right now is that ammo is pretty much non-existent for someone just getting into firearms. Well, it’s out there but starts at over $1.00 per round...

I just saw 9mm going for .81/round and then saw an add for 7.62x39 for .31/round. Made me want to dump everything and just by 4 cases of ammo. lol