Maggie Valley 2023

• Bill Martin my opinion, and it's just that, is that the vendors are profit driven, and if they can come out to your event in October and to the SSITS event in May/June, and make money at both, they likely will. If they make more money at one event because of lower fees, over time they might decide to do just one of them, especially if time and distance is a constraint. I understand you don't like the commercial format but personally, I would put lots of positive energy into doing it the way I want and not be concerned with the other guy. It's still a free country (OK, maybe that phrase is a bit dated now) and capitalism still prevails (barely, let's don't go there just now). If you successfully establish an event that the riders prefer, they will vote with their wallets. None of this matters much to me since I don't, or wouldn't use events to modify my machine. I tend to do what I want on my own time. If I show up it is to socialize and ride, in that order. It is fun to see what is available and what other people are doing but I'm more into the food carts and rides. Oh yeah, as long as I'm on my soapbox, lots of food carts. And music! Everyone loves a live band. And a buffet/social. And, of course, a pancake breakfast with those little sausages. And a raffle. How about a horseshoe tournament with a new rear tire as a prize - donated by a business sponsor of course. And a rubber duck race down Campbell creek. I know the perfect finish line! A sack race among people over 60 is always hilarious - and a bit dangerous. A casting contest for distance. Anything and everything you can do to get people gathered together. Those are the memories that last! You get that buzz going and it'll be a hit!

I'll be watching. Once you start getting some traction, reach out for help.

Lots of excellent ideas there - that is kinda what I am envisioning. I would like to do my thing with fair competition but the other event coordinator will see this as a threat and do everything possible to not let my event off the ground. I’m gonna use the tried and true “kill em with kindness” attitude to run my event. Knowing the kindness of all the folks in our SS community I gotta believe that will be the way to go rather than making it an ugly competition!!

PS. I know a world ranked horse shoe thrower in Louisiana - bet I could get her up here to give everybody a little run for their money 😂😂

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Sounds great! Luv riding up there and hanging out with all the Sling owners. Only reason I pay to get into the event is to see a couple vendors. Spend most of the time riding. The event should promote the Slingshot to non owners so they should have access to check them out. When locals have tried to enter the event to see what was going on they were asked to pay the entry fee. Polaris was even set up inside the event where non owners couldn't get to them w/o paying. Made no sense. Vendors will make a big difference if they are willing to attend. Specially the bigger ones. You may have to start with smaller vendors until the bigger ones see attendance numbers. I would definitely luv to attend.

Formally known as ShortShifter

• Spent $109 for 2 entry tickets for the upcoming MV event. If there wasn't a vendor there that I can only see during the event I would be skipping event tickets altogether. Wouldn't hurt so bad if the money ,all or part, went to charity. Your idea of monies going to charity is great. Once another Event starts up it may force the other to make changes. I've seen another group had started a smaller, for now, riding event a little north. Can't remember the state, maybe VA or KY (not the lube). If that happened in Maggie I'm all in.

Formally known as ShortShifter

• Spent $109 for 2 entry tickets for the upcoming MV event. If there wasn't a vendor there that I can only see during the event I would be skipping event tickets altogether. Wouldn't hurt so bad if the money ,all or part, went to charity. Your idea of monies going to charity is great. Once another Event starts up it may force the other to make changes. I've seen another group had started a smaller, for now, riding event a little north. Can't remember the state, maybe VA or KY (not the lube). If that happened in Maggie I'm all in.

SSITS is the longest running get together... Cost a little to be involved but a chance to see lots of guys that I only get to visit with once or twice a year. and great riding.

• I'm finally going to make it back this year. I sure would like to meet you guys. Even though we have not met, I feel like you are my friends.

You are absolutely invited to my house - it has become a gathering place for all of us when not riding and the fairgrounds get to be too much. Lookin forward to meeting you and I’ll introduce you to all the folks I know - plus prepare you a tasty libation - there will be no shortage of that :00008172:

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• Frankie55 just a heads up... If you need info for the Four Seasons let me know.

I'm still hoping but can't commit. Wife has been pushing for a complete kitchen remodel 3 years now and I'm not sure I can hold it back. Subject comes up on a weekly basis. Have a few other large purchases on the horizon. Truck tires, motorcycle tires, New DDM High flow cat exhaust if/when it comes into production and a riding lawn mower. Fun money, including above stuff comes from the stock market and I really don't have much faith in next year's performance.

Still want to and hoping.

• I'm still hoping but can't commit. Wife has been pushing for a complete kitchen remodel 3 years now and I'm not sure I can hold it back. Subject comes up on a weekly basis. Have a few other large purchases on the horizon. Truck tires, motorcycle tires, New DDM High flow cat exhaust if/when it comes into production and a riding lawn mower. Fun money, including above stuff comes from the stock market and I really don't have much faith in next year's performance.

Still want to and hoping.

Just keeping you in the loop. We did our kitchen 5 or 6 years ago. And my team did most of the labor and still 'salty' costs. Take a look at costs of all the items and question will that be a good investment? What are things doing in your area? How long do you want to stay in the home your in? paper, pencil & numbers....

• I hope you can make it. Last year for me was only about 17 hours. At least I can still say that I have made all of them, even though they did not even mail me my T-Shirt. The big question is does she use the kitchen or is it just for show, If for show, that does not justify the money, it is time to start enjoying life. Brenda wanted a remodel but she only got the stove she though she wanted.

• Just keeping you in the loop. We did our kitchen 5 or 6 years ago. And my team did most of the labor and still 'salty' costs. Take a look at costs of all the items and question will that be a good investment? What are things doing in your area? How long do you want to stay in the home your in? paper, pencil & numbers....

Good advice.

For what we paid for the house and the amount put into it total dollars are close to an expected selling price but still above. The house would sell quick based on the surrounding homes and at a good price. We both don't want to stay in this house once my wife retires (a year or two). Not set up for senior living. I want to sell as is but my wife is addicted to those home remodeling shows. :)

• I'm lucky, for the most part my wife is very fair on most issues and lucky for me her health insurance is covering me. It was a big factor in my ability to retire. My Tricare will start in a few months. She is good on my toy spending and the ability to take the time to use them. Wish she would open up to traveling in the sling, just too nervous about riding.

• I'm lucky, for the most part my wife is very fair on most issues and lucky for me her health insurance is covering me. It was a big factor in my ability to retire. My Tricare will start in a few months. She is good on my toy spending and the ability to take the time to use them. Wish she would open up to traveling in the sling, just too nervous about riding.

I tell Brenda she can go with me or stay home. Now she just ask me when I will be back home. I just tell her when I am leaving and where I am going.