HELMETS - what do you wear, or prefer

• Edward Neal this is what got me going - had no Idea that if you rode a HD Trike you were

exempt from a M1 lic. I read it too fast and thought you were speaking of helmets.

"for three wheeled motorcycles - - not even a Harley trike"

the California m1 and m2 endorsements are very specific- they are Two Wheel motorcycle and motor scooter endorsements and are not needed for three wheeled motorcycles.

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Okay, newb here. My concern is wind buffeting at highway speeds, especially since I wear glasses. The wife and I thought about getting Bluetooth helmets for long trips so we don't have to yell. Plus, I wear glasses. I KNOW I'll be getting OTG goggles, as getting my glasses thrown off at highway speeds is a concern.

Ordered a 2022 R...so is the windshield enough? All comments welcome.

• Okay, newb here. My concern is wind buffeting at highway speeds, especially since I wear glasses. The wife and I thought about getting Bluetooth helmets for long trips so we don't have to yell. Plus, I wear glasses. I KNOW I'll be getting OTG goggles, as getting my glasses thrown off at highway speeds is a concern.

Ordered a 2022 R...so is the windshield enough? All comments welcome.

There are opinion's both ways, tall wind screens or stock wind screens. Until you have had a wind screen fog up instantly at 85 mph on the inter state you might think you want to be looking thru the wind screen

• Not sure what the 2022 stock windshield is like but the 2018 allows lots of air over and tries to carry me away with my half helmet used as a parachute 🤣🤣🤣

i am 6’2, so head is a fair bit above stocker.
    my wife at 5’2 is OK with the stock, but she doesn’t drive

• Not sure what the 2022 stock windshield is like but the 2018 allows lots of air over and tries to carry me away with my half helmet used as a parachute 🤣🤣🤣

i am 6’2, so head is a fair bit above stocker.
    my wife at 5’2 is OK with the stock, but she doesn’t drive

I run the OEM double bubble windshields - hot here so I need all the air I can get - - anyway I have found that different helmet brands can react very differently to how they catch the wind - - fit is very important and having a helmet that is the correct shape to match your head so that there are no gaps makes a huge difference. My head shape is what I would classify as intermediate oval in shape and in the past I had helmets more round than my head leaving gaps on the side of my head these 1/2 helmets were as you say like parachutes and caught the wind horribly - In the time since then I have discovered that Daytona helmets are shaped perfectly for my head to the point where I can even use a smaller size - my Dayton 1/2 helmets has no gaps fits really nicely on all sides and there is no wind buffeting at all - - - - all in all I would say getting the right fit in a 1/2 helmet is essential if you do not want it catching the wind we all have different shape heads and different helmet companies make slightly different shape helmets so if you want a helmet that doesn't have gaps that will catch the wind you need to find out which company makes the helmets that best fit you

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• The 2022 R Slingshot comes stock with the original ripper low and tinted windscreens. Polaris does offer taller windscreens and one with installed vents for drivers and passengers that can close or open independently but none of these taller windscreens are tinted??

• In NJ a helmet is required. I would wear one anyway, besides I shave my head. To each their own.

New purchase, Daytona Cruiser 3/4. The perfect helmet for a slim profile that eliminates mushroom/Gazoo head.