Spaekers for the rear deck

• When I ordered my slingshot,( 2021 R LE) the dealer said I didn't need the stage three upgrade, so I didn't order it. Now I wish I had , so I'm going to add rear speakers. Slingmods.com has the SSV pods and a wireing harness that will pulg into my system a lot cheaper than the factory upgrade. Thoughts on what speakers I should run, or is the Polaris upgrade worth the money ? Thanks Todd

• When I ordered my slingshot,( 2021 R LE) the dealer said I didn't need the stage three upgrade, so I didn't order it. Now I wish I had , so I'm going to add rear speakers. Slingmods.com has the SSV pods and a wireing harness that will pulg into my system a lot cheaper than the factory upgrade. Thoughts on what speakers I should run, or is the Polaris upgrade worth the money ? Thanks Todd

I'm not a stereo sound expert and not really into big sound. The SSV pods fit well. I used the pods along with the SSV coaxial speakers. No issues they fit well but the speakers were not plug and play. I have a 2017 SL and no factory wiring runs back to that area so I had to cut the pin connector on the speaker lead and run wiring back. As far as sound OK but I'll bet they sound much better with an amplifier. I also don't know how the factory set-up sounds so I can't compare. I don't have an amp, maybe some time down the road?

• Thanks for all the replies.

We decided to go with the factory color matched speakers for our '21 stealth blue back in November. I'd love to tell you how they worked out for us but they still haven't arrived. The price was more than we liked but I wanted the paint to match without me having to fool with it.

• I'm going to check with a local guy who customizes motorcycles. He put speakers on my buddy's bike and they sound great. I don't know anything about speakers so I hope he can give me some advice. Thanks again for all the info.

• I'm going to check with a local guy who customizes motorcycles. He put speakers on my buddy's bike and they sound great. I don't know anything about speakers so I hope he can give me some advice. Thanks again for all the info.

One of the 'good' local guys that you know and trust will do just fine... And the Guys here who have knowledge will share. http://www.SlingsMods.com has always been good at helping.

• Higher Sensitivity speakers will produce a noticeably louder sound at the same power output. Think of Sensitivity as meaning the speaker will produce a louder sound level compared to a lesser-rated speaker at the same power output. One of the reasons Sub-woofers are typically paired with higher output amps is most subs seem to have a Sensitivity in the lower 80s. The average 6.5" speaker will be around 87 dB. A High Sensitivity speaker can be up in the 90+ dB range. IIRC, a speaker with a 92 dB sensitivity will sound noticeably louder than a speaker with a sensitivity of 89 dB. I originally used Rockford Fosgate Prime 6.50" 3-Way Full-Range Speaker rated at 91 dB Sensitivity and they produced good sound levels in my SSV Works roll hoop enclosures, but I eventually replaced them with JBL Stadium GTO 620 speakers rated at 95 dB sensitivity for even higher sound levels at the same power output. They are 2 Ohm speakers and allow my Clarion XC2410 amp to produce 75 W @ 2 Ohms compared to their normal 50W at 4 Ohms, but must be used with an amp or radio that can handle 2 Ohm speakers. I don't know if they would work with the factory radio.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• I talked to the stereo guy today and was advised he needed to know what model the amp was. I called Rockford Fosgate and spoke to the tech guy.He told me the amp on the 2021 R L E was made for Polaris and you had to use the stage 3 speakers. Lesson learned if you want to use the factory amp buy the Stage 3 speakers and be done with it. Hope this helps.

• I talked to the stereo guy today and was advised he needed to know what model the amp was. I called Rockford Fosgate and spoke to the tech guy.He told me the amp on the 2021 R L E was made for Polaris and you had to use the stage 3 speakers. Lesson learned if you want to use the factory amp buy the Stage 3 speakers and be done with it. Hope this helps.

what are "stage 3 speakers"? - - are we talking 3 way speakers with a separate tweeter, midrange and woofer or is this some special Rockford Fosgate type of speaker? - dont want to sound ignorant but I haven't heard the term "stage 3 speaker? before

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• When I went to get a price on a 2021. I included the stage 3 speakers in the quote. They do look good, and the match is a good thing. I don't know for sure but I'm under the impression the newer generation slingshots have a much better sound system (and infomat system) out of the gate. If you get them post em!