Moonshiner's highway

• I don't know how I missed seeing this before now. This is Moonshiner 28, right? How much of it did you ride? It is fairly local to me, dalton202, SC Slinger and a few others.

I know Don will chime in...But it looks like the top half of Moonshiners 28.Deals Gap to Franklin N.C..( Lowpt2001 the section we did during the Maggie Valley Rally) Not the bottom half from Franklin N.C. to Walhalla S.C. .Either way,that's my favorite road to run.

• You guys forget I’m in Maggie Valley now - lemme know a date and time and I’m in!! Speaking of moonshine - gotta factory .5 miles from my house 😂😂 - I’ll bring some !!

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

• [quote='Bill Martin','https://slingshotinfo.com/index.php?thread/10280-moonshiner-s-highway/&postID=360350#post360350']

You guys forget I’m in Maggie Valley now - lemme know a date and time and I’m in!! Speaking of moonshine - gotta factory .5 miles from my house 😂😂 - I’ll bring some !!

[/quote]

I didn’t know you had that much property Bill. 😲

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• If you all just moved back down here to FLORIDA, you could have a lot more SUNSHINE than MOONSHINE. it won't go down as smoothly, but it feels a LOT better having 12 months of Slingshot riding and no worries about dealing with snow, wet leaves or black ice. Just as long as the occasional hurricanes don't bother you

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• If you all just moved back down here to FLORIDA, you could have a lot more SUNSHINE than MOONSHINE. it won't go down as smoothly, but it feels a LOT better having 12 months of Slingshot riding and no worries about dealing with snow, wet leaves or black ice. Just as long as the occasional hurricanes don't bother you

Hope ya never have to but ONE Cat 5 will run ya to the mountains sippin shine to forget the Gulf Coast - I was averaging a major hurricane about one every 10 years my whole life. Trust me just one will change your complete outlook on all the sunshine - if you continue to be lucky it’s all good BUT…..

I might not be right but I can sure sound like it

I'm with Bill...I am originally from South Florida so I have witnessed hurricanes first hand. I am nit a fan. Ironically, I was smack dab in the middle of a tornado last year....not a fan of those either. 🌀🌪

As far as the sunshine. I have done outside work my whole life. The spots on my skin and wrinkles suck from years of baking

2016.5 Pearl White SL LE

• Well my end of Florida gets snow and ice and hurricanes. I have seen the temp at 24 degrees and often in the low 40s and high 30s. Florida is really South of Daytona.

If the music is to loud you are to old.

• SC Slinger I have mentioned a "day trip" to Joan... leave here, to Cherokee, parkway to visitors center just before gatlinburg, cut across to Townsend, to Maryville, down 129 to deals gap, 28 to walhalla/home. Whatcha think? 😁

Lowpt2001 that's a good loop with a lot of great roads.With the time changing,not sure you could do it all in the daylight hours.Our next free Saturday to ride is October 23rd.We are thinking about just doing the BRP like we normally do this time of year.Of course take some fun curvy roads up to it and off of it back home.Nothing exciting,just a cruise to see the fall colors that you can do with daylight savings time.I do like your loop though,if y'all do decide to run it,let me know and I will see IF my plans have changed.