Welter Performance

• Even adjusting your windshield to it highest level gets fumes in the cabin....????

That's actually what causes it. We have very little air flow (if any at all) coming at you from the front with the +5 as the windshield reaches almost to the top of the roof. Add to that the effects of having the roof and nothing behind there to keep the wind from wrapping over and back into the cabin (not much, but it's there) and you have a recipe for any exhaust fumes blowing out the back, coming back into the cabin. The shorter the windshield the better the airflow into and out of the cabin. That's why I was suggesting perhaps some wings to direct the airflow into the cabin. Sucks for winter, but I guess you can't have it all. Not sure if you can see it in these pictures, but if you can, you can see how high up the windshield goes. We literally, have no direct airflow into the cabin. Great for Winter but.....

• I purchased the 2.5 dual exhaust but have not installed yet.
    I have the Twisted Dynamics top, Baker Air Wings and the 9" Madstag Adjustable windshield which I get lots of air flow from under it the more I raise it. I was thinking this would be enough to stop the fumes....? If not I will also be getting a wind restrictor like Shatneyman. I think it looks great and now I see you can mount it from the front side which works with the top.

• I installed the same Welter performance exhaust after I had it ceramic coated. I also love the way it looks and the way it sounds however I am having some issues. I am getting heavy exhaust fumes inside my cabin area. I also have the F4 + 5 window installed, a Twist Dynamics top, and the alpha carbon fiber wing. I believe the taller windshield is creating a vacuum in my cabin area and the wing is pushing the air up off of the back of the slingshot creating a vacuum under the back where the exhaust is. This vacuum is causing the exhaust to roll over the deck right into my cabin area. It almost makes my slingshot unbearable to drive. This really sucks because of the price of the parts and having it coated I have about $2,200 invested in this modification and I'm thinking I almost have to take it off.

My friend had the same problem, he took the +6 off and put the stock wind screen back on and cured the problem. He has the Welter Outsider. I have the Dual with the stock wind screen that has been cut off 2 1/2 inches and also the UP top. I get the gas fumes when I do a fast stop and then I get the blow over fumes, but I also have Bob's tune which is a little rich.