Hogs and Honeys

• So my wife and I were out for a ride on Monday evening and stopped for ice cream. We were approached by another couple that, it turns out, run the Hogs and Honeys charity in our area. They invited us to join them for their Christmas in July Toy Run and Picnic. I know that this is basically a Harley owner's group and am wondering if we will really be welcome to join in. Does anyone else on the forum have any similar experience that you can post?

If anyone else is interested I can post the info. This is taking place in southeast Pennsylvania, near Valley Forge on Sunday, July 15.

2016 Bluefire LE, the fastest color. :D:BLUESS:

• I don't have experience but if the coordinators invited me, I'd feel welcome enough to join in. If the group in general is cold to you, you wouldn't have to do another event. The worst case scenario is that you contributed to a charity that the couple you met obviously want to promote. Who knows, maybe they even invite Vespa owners...

Remember folks - this isn't a rehearsal, this is The Show!8)

• There was just a big Bike Rally in Chase City not far from here the organizer actively pursued us to join them and offered to set up a class just for us. Unfortunately it was the weekend after MV and I couldn't get enough Slings to make it work.

I will be in contact with them for future events

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• My experience. Go, it is a charity event. When you drive up, watch the crowd for reactions, positive, negative. There is always a few that will have a hard dislike. Approach the coordinators and let them know you were invited to ride but only if you can ride at the back of the pack. Also have them announce that fact to all during the safety brief. Keep in mind the Sling occupies a lot of space and you don't want to obscure that pothole from a two wheeler. Keep a safe distance from the bikes ahead but not so much that other traffic breaks the group. Be courteous and watch your rear view mirrors. A rider may drop out then rejoin the group. You'll want to assist him getting around you. And because you are a Slingshot, you can act as a blocker for traffic trying to crowd the group. Just don't get weird about it. Worst case, you perceive a negative reaction. Be "the man" for the for other Slingshot owners. Make your donation and go do your own ride. Riding is what you had planned.

Lot of folks like to get up close to see the Slingshot on a more personnal level and ask questions. Whether the Sling is a bike, a car, or something else will continue to be argued. Tell them it is a sport trike to see who argues that.

And whether or not you ride with the group that day, you may find some new folks that want to ride with you.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• we went to a Toys for Tots rally last year, which we had been invited to. Of course when we got there, it was a lot of Harleys and other Cruisers. The place where we lined up was behind a bunch of guys who made a few nasty comments and had a hard time, but after we had been there an hour or so just mingling, we got more people visiting us to check out the slingshot and see what it was all about, and some of the guys in front of us actually lighten up a bit. The actual event was really well done, and once we got moving, everybody was pretty easy to deal with.