RABTech's front hood pin install.

• Here is an install that will allow you to have latching hood pins. you will need longer bolts to hold the latches in due to the uneven surface under the hood.

Here are a few pictures of the mod.

You will also need to drill and tap the factory front spots where the rubber hood bumpers are located. The new latch pins come with rubber bumpers to slide over the latching pin.

And of course you will need a steady hand and a Dremel tool.

slingshotinfo.com/wcf/index.php?attachment/75725/

• With the PITA that must have been...

Would you even consider going that route all around to do away with the Polaris hood release latch and cable system?

well I figured out how to make them work on the bottom side. But the top next to the windshield is going to take me a little longer. I think I can use that flat area on both sides that have the 2 tapped holes in it. But I am going to have to study it a little more.

As for the bottom 2 they are a pain in the butt. But they work flawlessly. And when they are latched nothing is going to move.

• I've been thinking about using at least 4 hood pins to replace the factory latches. I originally liked the hood pins that have a plate bolted to the hood that has a track with a sliding locking pin that you can't loose, but after watching a video comparing AeroCatch latches to regular hood pins, I like the Aerocatches since you can easily tell if they are latched or not.
    I'd like to mount my rear catches/pins so they are approximately in the middle of the hood accent strips. My first thoughts for mounting the rear latch pins were for a more complex mounting method, but I think the below approach should meet the need. I haven't fabbed any mockups yet, but I'm currently leaning towards using a flat piece of aluminum bar thick and wide enough to minimize deflection with slots near the outer edges that would allow one or more hose-clamps to hold each side in place. Since the frame tubes in both areas are angled away from each other, the bar should not slide around once clamped in place.
    See pic -

Constructive feedback appreciated. Sarcastic criticism, not so much! :D

Edited once, last by BKL ().