Slingshots Booze & Blues (Thu, Sep 22nd 2016, 8:00am - Sun, Sep 25th 2016, 8:00pm)

Date

Slingshots Booze & Blues

Thu, Sep 22nd 2016, 8:00 am - Sun, Sep 25th 2016, 8:00 pm

Clarksville, VA 23927, USA

Participants

24 participants, 0 undecided and 0 do not participate

Closing Date: Sep 22nd 2016, 8:00 am
  • Please click this link for the most updated itinerary for this event SBB16 Event.pdf

If you are planning on attending please let us know by completing this quick survey https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NV9VD36

Thank you!
    See you at,

SLINGSHOT BOOZE & BLUES RALLY
    Host Town: Clarksville, VA
    Dates: Sept 22-25, 2016

Event Sponsors: Hahn, Racecraft, Cycle Springs, Airbrush Art Workshop, Brewer Cycles, Metricks, United Country Realty, Clarksville Economic Development Association (CEDA), Magnuson Hotel, Big Buggs Island Blues Bash

This event was conceived and organized by Slingshot owners and is staffed entirely by Volunteers

Announcing the First Annual Slingshot Booze & Blues Rally in the beautiful Virginia Lakes Region. If you are the proud owner of a Slingshot, you’ll have an unforgettable time hanging out with other Slingshot owners, making some great new friends and showing off your pride and joy. We’re planning a number of rides and gatherings– join them all or choose what you like to do. Here’s the agenda so far; we’ll continue to refine and tweak until we’re confident we can give you the best possible exciting and entertaining experience.

On Thursday, Slingshots will be welcomed with an exclusive “Meet & Greet” event at the Magnuson Hotel.

On Friday, action revs up with an event hosted by Brewer Cycles in Henderson, NC. Enjoy lunch with a Polaris factory representative in their huge showroom. After lunch, we’ll head out for an afternoon of riding through the scenic lake area, which will end at the nostalgic Raleigh Road Outdoor Drive-in Theatre, where a movie will be especially chosen for us.

Saturday morning, get ready for a very unique experience – a Moonshine Run, with a stop for a taste and tour at the Bondurant Distillery. Collect a symbolic Moonshine Jug to carry as we run through the back country roads of VA and NC like the early bootleggers did. If you’re familiar with the history of the Bondurant family from the movie “Lawless,” come learn the truth from surviving family members.

The Moonshine Run ends at the Big Buggs Island Blues Bash. Show off your ride at the ‘Slingshot Show and Shine’ at the Blues Bash entrance. Enjoy the music of some of the best Blues Bands in the Country. As a bonus, the Blues Bash promoters are providing 50% discounted tickets and VIP Seating for Slingshot owners pre-registered for this event.

Sunday morning join us for a Breakfast Bash sponsored by United Realty in the Vendor Exhibit Area, which will bring another opportunity to show off your Slingshot. Sunday afternoon will be the second, and final, day of the Big Buggs Island Blues Bash for our Blues Lovers.

There’s plenty more to do as the local area offers something for everyone. Clarksville is on a 50,000-acre lake that straddles VA and NC with world record fishing. Boat rentals are available. For auto racing enthusiasts, several racetracks are just down the road. Local wineries offer tours and tastings. History buffs will find deep ties here to the Civil War and the beginnings of our Nation. Walkers will enjoy miles of trails at Occoneechee State Park and the Tobacco Heritage Trail. Farmers’ Markets offer organic food and crafts, and there’s shopping and great restaurants nearby too.

For hotel reservations, call the Magnuson Hotel in Clarksville – 434-374-5023 and mention this event for a discounted rate.

Late September brings perfect riding weather to Virginia but, even if it rains, you’ll have a great time meeting and hanging out with other Slingshot owners at the Slingshot Booze & Blues Rally. Come see for yourself! For further information, please PM @Macaws. or email Mitch at SBB16@hughes.net

• Need to see if we can get a RSVP at top of the thread for him. So everyone can see who is planning on going.

Click on the calendar tab at the top right of the page. Go to the right and where it says upcoming events click on the name of the event in question. Then click on MANAGE PARTICIPATION. This will show a list of everyone that has said that they are participating in that event. Hope this helps.

• Hey

I don't know how this got posted - but thanks
    You guys are the best -
    I will have to work on getting everyone to RSVP here and once I have them all accounted for this will be home.

Now if we can just get more participants I will be golden

Thanks again to all

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• I do believe that was Kenny's doing. He's been a HUGE help in all of this. Rab of course is still the wizzard and we're his humble servants

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Count me in with a +1.

US Navy 1990-2015
    "If ye love wealth greater than liberty, the tranquility of servitude
    better than the animating contest for freedom, go home and leave us in peace. We
    seek not your council nor your arms. Crouch down and lick the hand that feeds
    you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen."

--Samuel Adams

• I've been looking forward to this event since I heard about it! MACAWS and friends have done a smashing job of setting it up. Let's all continue to spread the word and help regain the original registrants that have yet to show up from the "other" forum.

Hahn RaceCraft will be there with our 2016 Road Show, as we return to the event schedule in a big way! We'll be at racing and community events around the nation this year, and Booze and Blues is going to be a great time too, in some very beautiful country, with some amazing people. :D<3:thumbsup:<3:D

• I've been looking forward to this event since I heard about it! MACAWS and friends have done a smashing job of setting it up. Let's all continue to spread the word and help regain the original registrants that have yet to show up from the "other" forum.

Hahn RaceCraft will be there with our 2016 Road Show, as we return to the event schedule in a big way! We'll be at racing and community events around the nation this year, and Booze and Blues is going to be a great time too, in some very beautiful country, with some amazing people. :D<3:thumbsup:<3:D

Bill Thank you for your support and friendship!

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• This is a breath of fresh air. Depending on what gets scheduled at the St. Jude Hospital I may have to add a few extra miles on just to see this gathering. :00000156:

Well sir it is on your way beck from the Adirondacks to Florida and I for one would be honored if you attend. I am sure somehow we could figure out a way for you to do some fund raising for your cause. If you are coming let me know what I can do to help and I will flex my muscle with the sponsors. Our local dealer and big contributor does tons of fun raising for Duke Children's hospital and my daughter will be a Doctor on staff there are a staring in a few weeks...

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!

• Anyone else having issues adding themselves to the "Participants" above? When I click on it, I just get a list of those who have signed up, but I don't see anywhere for me to sign up. My name would be in there too if I could!

Bill

I have a message out to Rabtech but he will not be back until Monday. If it wasn't for the fact that Rob runs the forum I would think it was someone who strongly believes in Normal Aspiration. We will get you all fixed up as soon as the boys are back from Panama City

The more people I meet

The more I love my Dog!