Quick question. How to pull out cup holders?

• Look at responses #11 and #15. When I popped out my cup holders several months ago I used a method that was a combination of the two.

Use a plastic putty knife to ease under the cup holder's lip. It will slightly raise the lip and will not scratch your paint. Ease the flat-bladed screwdriver between the putty knife and the cup holder's lip. Twist the screwdriver to raise the cupholder a little then slide the pair around 30 degrees and do it again. Be patient and work your way around. Eventually you will have enough of the cupholder exposed to pull it out.

The locking edges on my cupholders kept them in pretty securely. They came out without damage to anything, but it took patience. The next time I grease the U-joint I will jack the SS up a bit so I can get under it and will knock them out from below with a plastic mallet. So much for finesse.

• Look at responses #11 and #15. When I popped out my cup holders several months ago I used a method that was a combination of the two.

Use a plastic putty knife to ease under the cup holder's lip. It will slightly raise the lip and will not scratch your paint. Ease the flat-bladed screwdriver between the putty knife and the cup holder's lip. Twist the screwdriver to raise the cupholder a little then slide the pair around 30 degrees and do it again. Be patient and work your way around. Eventually you will have enough of the cupholder exposed to pull it out.

The locking edges on my cupholders kept them in pretty securely. They came out without damage to anything, but it took patience. The next time I grease the U-joint I will jack the SS up a bit so I can get under it and will knock them out from below with a plastic mallet. So much for finesse.

You can also do what @BONES did with his. He filed or sanded the "Barbs" just enough that they would snap back in, but you can pop them out by hand. :00000019:

Those who will give up essential liberty to secure a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

2016 Slingshot SL Vin# 8855 (born in September 2015) w/ Alpha Stage 2 Turbo @ 7.5psi