How to sell a SlingShot?

• Q. Would you pay $12 for a beer to have on hand to cool off with after mowing your lawn on a Saturday afternoon?

If you're answer is NO, would you pay that same $12 for a bottle of water if you were walking through the desert at noontime if you had a flat tire and no spare knowing you had another two hours to go until you reach an area that had cell phone service?

I guess it's all relative. $10K - $12K to spend for a fun toy like this for someone who is sitting on a nest egg of 7 figures is nothing. But for someone with 4 kids getting ready to enter college in the next several years, probably would see it a bit differently

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Q. Would you pay $12 for a beer to have on hand to cool off with after mowing your lawn on a Saturday afternoon?

If you're answer is NO, would you pay that same $12 for a bottle of water if you were walking through the desert at noontime if you had a flat tire and no spare knowing you had another two hours to go until you reach an area that had cell phone service?

I guess it's all relative. $10K - $12K to spend for a fun toy like this for someone who is sitting on a nest egg of 7 figures is nothing. But for someone with 4 kids getting ready to enter college in the next several years, probably would see it a bit differently

pretty much my point - beer and water both can quench a moments thirst, but in the instance you describe the water can do more to sustain the person

A 20k car and a 20k slingshot can both provide transportation, but for me the Slingshot can do much more to sustain my soul

also remember my slingshot is not just a "toy" I didn't have the discretionary cash for toys - - that's why when I got my Slingshot it became my daily driver the car I had was passed down to my daughter who very much needed it and couldn't otherwise afford a car

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• Since it never rains in Sunny California, you do get more times where it can provide you with that 2nd car need. With the uncertainty of when and how much rain we'd get on any day down here, if there's more than a 30% chance of rain and I'm gonna be more than an hour away from home, it stays in the garage.

Nobody gets outta here ALIVE

• Since it never rains in Sunny California, you do get more times where it can provide you with that 2nd car need. With the uncertainty of when and how much rain we'd get on any day down here, if there's more than a 30% chance of rain and I'm gonna be more than an hour away from home, it stays in the garage.

You are correct, but even most of California would not allow me to get the daily use I get here in the desert - - seriously in almost 4 years of ownership I can literally count the days I haven't used my Slingshot for my daily commute on the fingers of one hand - In fact if I didn't live here where we get something like 350 days of sunshine a year I don't think I would have even considered the slingshot as being financially viable - - - I have never been the kind of person who feels right spending my money on things that end up sitting - - never even owned a single weekend toy type of vehicle - it just never felt right

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• We did see a 2017 being shipped out of the valley about this time last year for around $10,000. If we had the room we were going to buy it for Justina...................

Bill

Market, area, demands, mods, time, distance to nearest dealer 😉, etc... Many factors to consider.

What helps is the engine change, the high price they've stayed at and how the model/styling hasn't really changed. If it would be beneficial to upgrade the lighting to the current model to appear "more new", I'd spend the money to make look like a current model year.

But again, like AllIn5450, it's paid for and doesn't hurt sitting in the garage... Just hurts my emotions as I long to drive it more often.

A Cyber truck would be nice... Waiting to see if/how they change it as Musk has eluded to. Also have the New Big 4 door Bronco in my sights...