Rear brake HELP

• Searched, but apparently I'm the only one too stupid to figure this out. Doing my brakes and I'm trying to get the rears done. I can't get the caliper down. I unhooked the emergency brake cable from the coil spring, after I realized I needed to release the spring tension to get the cable end free...but I'm stuck there. I don't see how to get the main cable loose from the bracket??!! I've pulled the cable grommets loose, but I need a lot more travel to clear the pads.

:cursing:

• Searched, but apparently I'm the only one too stupid to figure this out. Doing my brakes and I'm trying to get the rears done. I can't get the caliper down. I unhooked the emergency brake cable from the coil spring, after I realized I needed to release the spring tension to get the cable end free...but I'm stuck there. I don't see how to get the main cable loose from the bracket??!! I've pulled the cable grommets loose, but I need a lot more travel to clear the pads.

:cursing:

To do the rear brake pads you have to retract the piston by turning and pushing it at the same time. Look at the side of the piston facing the brake pad and you will see some little holes. You can either use a pair of needle nose pliers and put the ends into the holes, twist and push at the same time, or you can go to advance autoparts/autozone to get the tool that fits in there. You do not need to take off any cables, etc to push it back in, but must twist at the same time you are pushing.

Hope that helps,

Dave

• WOW. I was trying to get it to swing down like the fronts. No wonder no one else had this problem, HAHA I'm an idiot. THANKS.

So my son just told me while I was on the computer he loosed the brake line thinking the would give more slack (stupid apparently runs in the family lol). He realized it was the brake fluid line but said it did lose a couple drops of fluid before he realized it and tightened it back up. Hoping this won't mean have to bleed them??

• WOW. I was trying to get it to swing down like the fronts. No wonder no one else had this problem, HAHA I'm an idiot. THANKS.

So my son just told me while I was on the computer he loosed the brake line thinking the would give more slack (stupid apparently runs in the family lol). He realized it was the brake fluid line but said it did lose a couple drops of fluid before he realized it and tightened it back up. Hoping this won't mean have to bleed them??

You will want to bleed them even if he didn't loosen them up. We find air most of the time when installing brake pads.

Glad you figured it out :)