2015 Front Fender Removal

• I want to paint the lower part of my stock fender. Do I have to remove the full fender to separate the 2 pieces? I took out 4 torx bolts holding it to the body and drilled out 2 rivets on top. It is still hanging up on something. Is there 2-sided tape or something else I'm missing? Thanks for any help.

• I want to paint the lower part of my stock fender. Do I have to remove the full fender to separate the 2 pieces? I took out 4 torx bolts holding it to the body and drilled out 2 rivets on top. It is still hanging up on something. Is there 2-sided tape or something else I'm missing? Thanks for any help.

Painter probably the best to answer this question. There are probably some ytube videos on how to do it.

• If you're referring to the mud flaps behind the front wheels, they're held in place by the 2 rivets on top you drilled out, but there are also 4 M6 bolts going into the body via clip-nuts. IIRC, there's also some double-sided tape, but it's been a while since I removed mine and I can't remember where.

Here's a close-up of the parts diagram for the Fender/Mud Flap -

The two rivets are marked 33 and the 4 M6 bolts are marked 26