Rear Fender with welter 2.5 exhaust

• I was about to order a rear fender off ebay, but then thought about my exhaust. so is anybody running a rear fender with a welter 2.5 dual exhaust and if so was there fitment issues or did the fender work with having to tweak anything? Thanks for any help

:flag_United_States::BLACKSS::COLDAIRSS::MOTOROILSS::OILFILTERSS::SUPERCHARGERSS::COILOVERSS:

S O G Member - TRAKHAMR

• I did an atypical mounting after many issues with the fender brackets breaking and rubbing. I’m not boosted but there is still lots of heat coming from the up pipe. I split the different for clearance so as not to be too close to the plastic tub. I think some people had melting issues. I also added the rear end plate from slinglow for more protection. Mount the plate before you install the pipes.

I made a special bracket to mount my fender from the exhaust pipe hangers.

• I was about to order a rear fender off ebay, but then thought about my exhaust. so is anybody running a rear fender with a welter 2.5 dual exhaust and if so was there fitment issues or did the fender work with having to tweak anything? Thanks for any help

I have been running the Assault fender with the Welter 2 1/2 inch dual, I was one of the first installs in Maggie Valley. The only problem any of us have had with the Assault fender is the swing arm bracket breaking. So I figured out another bracket for the fender and so far it is holding up. I know there are at least 3 of the new design brackets installed and they probably have maybe 10,000 miles on them so far. EjFord posted the new brackets on this forum with pictures

• Thanks FunCycle I will take a look at that fender, I just found a cheap one on ebay that i liked the looks of. Just wanted something to help keep the rooster tails off the back and keep it a little cleaner.

EjFord had two more of the ASSAULT fenders with the new brackets he was going to sell a couple of months ago, maybe he still has one . Knowing him, I KNOW that the price will be right.

• I have been running the Assault fender with the Welter 2 1/2 inch dual, I was one of the first installs in Maggie Valley. The only problem any of us have had with the Assault fender is the swing arm bracket breaking. So I figured out another bracket for the fender and so far it is holding up. I know there are at least 3 of the new design brackets installed and they probably have maybe 10,000 miles on them so far. EjFord posted the new brackets on this forum with pictures

I do have a Assault Fender (used) with the new brackets set up that I would be willing to sell...pm me if interested.