Throttle brake override code

• Today while taking a ride to test my new rear brake caliper and tire I got this check engine light code. It felt like the SS was holding back. In the book it says BTO action taken. There is nothing else printed about this that I can find in the book. So what is the throttle brake override and what is a BTO action?

• Not sure if this is what you are getting, but I have heard there is a code that some vehicles will throw if you hit the throttle and the brake at the same time that will cause the EMC to reduce the throttle as a safety precaution

BTO would make sense - you hit the brake and the EMC overrides the throttle

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• here check this out - BTO is a safety system that was intended to prevent runaway vehicles - they had planned on mandating it on all vehicles, but I guess Trump got them to drop the idea

U.S. drops plan to require BTO systems

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• my cruise control stopped working a few weeks ago....and since this code today my throttle is acting like it did when it went bad two years ago.....if I’m in fifth gear to accelerate you have to ease off the throttle....and it will gain speed.....the dealer replaced the gas pedal....to fix that....

I’m just wondering if I replace the gas pedal myself if the digital wrench needs to be hooked up to complete the installation....to set perimeters....

• I did find that in my search....and it just do happens I did buy a manual switch from Slingmods last year just in case....so I changed the brake switch....and the throttle is acting like it did when the dealer replaced it.....so I’m wondering if I can disconnect the battery to reprogram the brain to eliminate the gas pedal issue....and instead of disconnecting the battery will pulling the engine circuit fuse in the j-case do the same thing?

• I would check that mechanical brake switch.

If you improperly adjusted it too long...

It might be energizing on bumps.

If too short...

You may have busted the barrel body.

Disconnect the battery...

No sense inviting disaster by pulling fuses willy nilly.

Slingshot Flyer! Well, of course it's red... :REDSS:

• Great advice, might prevent a catastrophe!

• my cruise control worked earlier this spring intermittently.....now it’s not working at all.....the gas pedal seemed to work properly again today.....but no cruise control....I did install the new non magnetic brake switch.....Right after I bought it the turn signal wasn’t working correctly and I think they replaced it....or the clock thing.....