Who makes the best Damper Balancers ? ATI Super Damper or Fluidampr

• So I am looking to get a Damper Balancer. I have known about Fluidampr which has been around forever and I also came across ATI Super Damper. Who makes the best damper and why?

We have been using the Fluidampr on some of our really high horsepower stuff. It almost gets into a "Supercharger vs. Turbo" type debate between which one is better.

• Just my 2 cents... Within the RPM limits of the LE-9 engine, the fluidamper will damp more crank torsion. ATI's seem to "come alive" above the RPM redline for our engine. Horses for courses...

• Is this the right Fluidamper for the Slingshot?

Fluidampr Ecotec Dual Pulley Crank Damper - 650111

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Fluid…bc5ce2:g:~GYAAOSw8PNeaUcd

The 650111 has the pulley on it for the power steering used on the cars with the power steering pump, we use 650101 which does not have the power steering pump pulley on it.

Since you are on Ebay already - https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-C…78f2ea:g:MXsAAOSwfsJc-nY1

• Ok so I did a little research.

The Fluidampr for the Slingshot is #650101(no power steering pulley) However you can get the #650111 which comes with the Power steering pulley. I was told by Fluidampr you can remove that pulley.

I have found that most places are out of stock or are asking more money (have not verified if they have it in stock) I was told the last run for making these was 8 years ago because there has not been a demand. Typically an order of 50 or more they will do a run. It is possible they will do say 25 but it would have to be run by everyone to see if it is worth them making it. I have a contact and can email him if someone is interested.

So ATI is an option and does things a little different and is the next best alternative to stock. (ATI info below)

ENGINE

DAMPER
    PART #

OUTER
    DIAMETER

WEIGHT

SHELL MATERIAL

RIBS

HUB # [1]

HUB
    MATERIAL

4 CYL ECOTEC

6.78" (5% OD)

6.75 lbs

ALUMINUM

STEEL

917288 [2]

5.5" OD (12% UD)

4.50 lbs

ALUMINUM

STEEL

[1] All hubs have 3/16 key @ std SB 10° location. 8 groove shell for supercharged upgrades, OEM 6 groove location.
    [2] Damper is 12% UD from stock; not for over 600 HP on the street.
    [3] Damper is 5% OD from stock

Under drive is recommended for turbo applications. It will help avoid over spinning your alternator and its better than stock dampening will allow for high rpm engine reliability.

Over drive is recommended for supercharged applications. It will increase blower speed the same as dropping 1 pulley size so it's recommended to run a larger pulley on the blower than we normally recommend. However due to the larger diameter of the pulley you will either want to grind a little extra clearance for the belt or you can run our Machined front cover .

Note: Since the size of the balancer is changed you will need a longer belt for the overdrive pulley and a shorter belt for the underdrive pulley. An LNF with the under drive balancer will need a K050390 belt.