Space - The Final Frontier

• we had the X15 program which had it been continued and developed could have easily morphed into a successful space plane, but noooo -

Y'know .. there are the 4 uh... um .. cough.. um.. sorry 2 X-37B 's that are now under the jurisdiction of the Space Force and while more a small drone shuttle and not carrying personnel they have been doing important low orbit work since 2010 . One orbited for 780 continuous days another was launched just a few weeks ago on a SpaceX booster and is currently in orbit.

........ nerd-squared

:REDSS: The ghost of SLingshot past ......

• Y'know .. there are the 4 uh... um .. cough.. um.. sorry 2 X-37B 's that are now under the jurisdiction of the Space Force and while more a small drone shuttle and not carrying personnel they have been doing important low orbit work since 2010 . One orbited for 780 continuous days another was launched just a few weeks ago on a SpaceX booster and is currently in orbit.

........ nerd-squared

yes I am very aware of the militaries space plane as some might call it - - - I was directing my displeasure specifically at the manned space programs - - seems to me as if we had picked one method, space plane, or rocked and then stuck with it right now we wouldn't be trying to get back to the moon - - - we would have never left and would probably be well beyond by now

Cage Free - 2016 Pearl Red SL

DDM Short Shifter, Sway Bar Mounts Coolant tank Master Cylinder Brace & CAI

Twist Dynamics Sway Bar, JRI GT Coilovers, Assault Hood Vent

OEM Double Bubble windshields & various other goodies

• The main reason we stopped going to the moon was that once we had beaten the Russians there, the political will to keep spending at that level evaporated. The moon missions were never really about science and were mainly meant to show our system was better than the Russian system. NASA originally had a much longer-ranged plan to go beyond the initial moon landings, but Congress lacked the political will to keep NASA funded. The Space Shuttle potentially offered a chance for cheaper operation compared to the rockets we had been using, especially at the launch weights the Shuttle could handle. Unfortunately, it failed to meet the ambitious cost and operational levels originally envisioned for the Shuttle, and having a couple of high-profile tragedies didn't help the Shuttle, but the Shuttle contributed a lot of knowledge to the overall space knowledge/engineering pool. W/o NASA's vast pool of things learned, I seriously doubt we'd have even close to the level of commercial innovation we're seeing now. James Burke's Book/TV series "Connections" provides an excellent example of how almost any technological development is almost always based on work done previously by others. At least the first 5 episodes are on YouTube, maybe all of them, but I didn't take the time to hunt them.

Edited once, last by BKL ().

• yes I am very aware of the militaries space plane as some might call it - - - I was directing my displeasure specifically at the manned space programs - - seems to me as if we had picked one method, space plane, or rocked and then stuck with it right now we wouldn't be trying to get back to the moon - - - we would have never left and would probably be well beyond by now

rumor has it we were told not to come back.....by the inhabitants......

https://www.collective-evoluti…trong-landed-on-the-moon/

https://www.disclose.tv/neil-a…aliens-on-the-moon-310327